Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

thermometer calibration

Good morning all, I've been egging for a few months now and absolutely love it. I've read some posts about calibrating the thermometer and said to myself how far off can it be. Well this morning I decided to calibrate it and to my disbelief the thermometer was off by almost 15 degrees. I'm glad I took the 10 min to see. This is an amazing site. Thanks everyone for all the wisdom.
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,971
    Just in case I didn't say it before, welcome to the circus!
    ·
  • LeckyLecky Posts: 30
    Thank you sir
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,695
    Wleomce aboard and enjoy the journey-degree of Kool-Aid consumption a personal choice!
    Louisville
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,191
    After a big WELCOME, there are two next steps, even before you light the egg, 1. Calibrate the dome thermo and 2. Fill your glass. In order to ensure accurate results, it is imperative that you complete step 1 prior to starting step 2. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Haaaaa, love it. Thanks
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 336
    15 degrees, not bad.  For what it is, that's "fairly" close.  Analog probes are "close".  Digital Is much better.  Take that clip that holds the dome probe in and throw it away.  Use a digital from time to time to check calibration.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,695
    Just an opinion-but Q cooking is best enjoyed  with a "DILLIGAF" aka "measured" (could be by time-temp-beverages-etc.) approach.  Digital is meant for the hot&fast cooks as time/temp and the rate of change has meaning. FWIW-
    Louisville
    ·
    Do they sell a digital that would replace the round analog using the same hole.
    ·
  • Lecky, i have the same question.

·