Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Orange wood chips?

I was at the Bass Pro Shops in Myrtle Beach and saw orange wood chips.  I'd like to hear some uses.  Common sense lends it to seafood and maybe some Korean barbeque.  Thanks.
·

Comments

• Duck?
    ·
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I used orange chips tonight with chicken.  I've also used it with pork loin and butts.  Subtle, sweet smoke.  It's becoming a new favorite.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • SmyrnaGASmyrnaGA Posts: 214
    I tried chucking fresh orange peels once and the smoke was pretty good.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 341
    Very mild IMO.  I could hardly detect it in the meat.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I bought a bag of orange chunks @ bass pro. Haven't used any yet though.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226

Duck?
    Great idea.  I've been wanting to do duck on the grill.  Been sorta nervous because my in-laws almost blew their house up doing one on a gas grill years ago.My father-in-law said his grill was, "the worlds biggest zippo lighter." 
    ·
  • Orange is like a mix of apple and hickory. It's sweet like apple, but stronger then apple. It's delicious
    ·