Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salado, seriously

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,597
If there's any possible way to make it, do. I've made my reservation at Inn on the Creek. Highly recommend it plus the parties are right there... No driving. It'll fill up fast. The best party I've had. @mickey.. Coming down a day early to set up. I don't have any work in the area this year but it's worth the 900 mile drive. I'm hoping VI will take my picture this time and @Griffin will actually talk to me.

Can't freaking wait.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    When is it...dates?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    March 15th and party the night of the 14th and 15th. http://saladoupdate.blogspot.com/
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,255
    I don't care if you take naked pictures with bacon, you're freaking good people if you ask me!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    I give Henapple a lot of crap but he is one of the best around. Tony thank you.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,597
    @cazzy... You'd better be there.
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    Mickey said:
    March 15th and party the night of the 14th and 15th. http://saladoupdate.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    Mickey said:

I give Henapple a lot of crap but he is one of the best around. Tony thank you.

I know, he's a lot better than the guy who put the Brisket Boil on the egghead map! Crawfish...we don't need no stinking crawfish! :P
    henapple said:

@cazzy... You'd better be there.

I won't miss it this time! Promise!

Then, in 2015...I'll split the gas bill with ya! :D

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,807
    Can you guys make a fest closer to me?  I'll bring some booze.

Garnerville, NY
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Yes, Plano Nov. 1-2. It's also a free fest . Banner coming soon. This will be our 5th year.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,597
    Horn... I'm going to be out there around that time... Will try.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,004
    @henapple no promises.  ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:
    @henapple no promises.  ;)
    If he shows up in a bacon mankini calling it a "kilt" I'm outa there. 

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,004
    Just checked with Mrs. G and the better half can't make it. She's going to be at a show in Chicago. I still want to go, but doubt I want to pay for the Inn if it's just me passing out. I'm going to look at other places to stay.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,338
    I got admit, don't think I've seen a salad dish at the salad"o" fest,,,,,,,,,is that odd.......

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,964
    I'll be there with a gargantuan monster ghetto blaster that will probably swing one of those two  yay city council vote to nay....let's go out with a bang!

hornhonk said:
    Yes, Plano Nov. 1-2. It's also a free fest . Banner coming soon. This will be our 5th year.
    I'm gonna try to make this one too....so I can steal your Shun again ;)

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Works for me, Nola...and henapple.
  • I'll be there with a gargantuan monster ghetto blaster that will probably swing one of those two  yay city council vote to nay....let's go out with a bang!

I'll be there with a gargantuan monster ghetto blaster that will probably swing one of those two  yay city council vote to nay....let's go out with a bang!

By jove, you're prescient!  That's exactly how I envisioned the future at Salado! ;)

• tjv said:
    I got admit, don't think I've seen a salad dish at the salad"o" fest,,,,,,,,,is that odd.......

t
    The closes was last year DOW brought olives and I added the fresh CM mozzarella cheese and the bread was pulled croutons :D
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,681
    tjv said:

t
    Mickey discourages it.  I wanted to cook some veggies last year but he wouldn't let me.  So I told his wife...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,681
    hornhonk said:
    I'm gonna try to make this one too....so I can steal your Shun again ;)

My son and I are likely going as well - with another dad and 16 year old son who are on the verge of converting to the BGE.  I'm glad to hear they will be passing out free Shuns. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX