Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2013

124»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:

I thought it was whining and dining...

Don't you mean boozing and losing?
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    FlyingTiger I also asked costumer service about electricity and was told that their will be power if you need to charge your cell phone but none at your work station 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • I am signed up and ready to go.Thanks for all the good info! This will be my first Eggfest.... Excited is not the word. Looking forward to learning from all the seasoned vets as I have only been egging for about 2 years.

BGE-XL

North Alabama

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

I just spoke to BGE HQ and they said NO electricity at the cooking stations at Eggtoberfest & plate setters will be available to cooks who ask for them until the supply lasts...we usually bring our own as it is easier...we also bring our pizza stones for baking...

Look for us under the North Georgia Eggers banner....

• V1--thanks for additional info.  I will make sure I bring my own ARig and pizza stone.  (as well as ez up, I seem to recall sponsors provide no shelter from weather)
  • vidalia1

ST81,

Correct...you need to supply your own EZ up no larger than 10'x10'...

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Does anyone know what the tee shirts are going to look like, the website says that teeshirts are included in the price of tickets.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • vidalia1
    No idea on the T shirts but they always look nice....
  • BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Couple of questions as this will be my first Eggperience at the Eggfest (sorry, had to)...

1) Are the accessories for sale by BGE discounted at all?  If you were to buy bundled packages

2)  The individuals that cook....are they able to sell their products?  Just curious if I find a particular rub or sauce?

Thanks and I'm sure more questions will come up...I just want to keep this thread going because I'm so excited!!

BBQJUDB
    Charlotte, NC
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I am not sure about discounts, you can call the Mothership and ask if they will offer any discounts. We did cook next to Fire and Flavor and they were selling their Brines and products. They had a display set up. I am not sure if they just did it or had to get permission. 

Johns Creek, Georgia