Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Salado EggFest is March 15th

MickeyMickey Posts: 15,447
4th Salado EggFest is officially on for March 15th in Salado Texas. Please dust off you kilts and get you recipes ready. Inn On The Creek will be the host hotel as before. Friday and Saturday night get to gathers at the Inn for everybody. I will get hotel info out shortly. Spring Chicken will have on the blog info as well. We will give away 4 Mini's with Stands and other prizes. NO COST TO COOKS OR TO TASTERS. Remember Salado EggFest can only be described as "huggy-feely" and for your enjoyment. More info to follow. Thank you. Mickey Rawls
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 12,847
    I'm sporting wood....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I was a taster last year and plan on being a cook this year...hopefully the misses will let me pick up a new egg on the cheap!
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 123
    Thank you for the invitation Mr Mickey Rawls, 
         I would love to attend but am unable due to my 1) finacial situation  2) slight intimidation 3) Redskin affiliation.  HTTR!   (Hail To The Redskins)
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    henapple said:
    I'm sporting wood....
    Men in kilts .... huggy feely....

I'm like henapple.  I'm getting a woodie.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • I feel like I'm in a bathtub, outdoors, with my wife in a bathtub next to me.  If it lasts 4 hours or more, I'll call a doctor.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·

henapple said:

I'm sporting wood....

Men in kilts .... huggy feely....

I'm like henapple.  I'm getting a woodie.  

You still can at your age?
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,447
    Please keep in mind the difference between a skirt and a kilt is pumps.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,980
    I've been to a Salado Eggfest and this sort of talk is scaring me away.  It's making me feel like I must have (thankfully) missed a big part of the experience.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
    That kilt got burned - right?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Where's the vespa?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,961
    Damn. Southwest won't let me book that far ahead.
    ·
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 679
    Beware the Ide's of March!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
    Where's the vespa?

Look at the aerial photo.  The Vespa is on the trailer of the jackwagon who took up 6 parking spaces by parking his truck and trailer sideways. 

San Antonio, TX

·

If you're not flying in by private helicopter we don't need to hear about it.  :)

San Antonio, TX

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Looking forward to it. I'll tell the event co-ordinator (Mrs. G) to put it on our calendar.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Foghorn said:

If you're not flying in by private helicopter we don't need to hear about it.  :)
    +1

·
    Foghorn said:
    Where's the vespa?

Look at the aerial photo.  The Vespa is on the trailer of the jackwagon who took up 6 parking spaces by parking his truck and trailer sideways. 
    We tried to take up 8 spaces, but the tree got in the way.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·

Foghorn said:

Where's the vespa?

We tried to take up 8 spaces, but the tree got in the way.

I have no doubt.

San Antonio, TX

·
    Bring a chainsaw this year...
    ·
    Next Fest the Vespa parking will be next to the helipad. What, all EggFest's don't have a helipad? Salado do....

·
    Mickey said:
    Next Fest the Vespa parking will be next to the helipad. What, all EggFest's don't have a helipad? Salado do....
    Shall I file my discriminatory lawsuit in Bell County or Hays County?  I have an ingrown toenail and walking great distances is prohibitive. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    Don't worry VI. Since you grace us with wonderful Chinese dishes, Mickey will provide a proper litter to carry you to the pavilion, as you deserve.

·
    This might be more appropriate... Like VI, it's full of sh#t...
    manurespreader1200c.gif
    334 x 239 - 65K
    ·
    henapple said:
    This might be more appropriate... Like VI, it's full of sh#t...

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • We are in and I'm sure I can probably convince @lakewade and his lovely bride to join us this year. No kilt. 

·
    We are in and I'm sure I can probably convince @lakewade and his lovely bride to join us this year. No kilt. 
    No kilt? @Mickey, make sure you get a twig and berries permit along with the alcohol one.
    CT is letting his freak flag fly.
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 417
    Wife and I are in and plan to sign up to cook.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • We are in and I'm sure I can probably convince @lakewade and his lovely bride to join us this year. No kilt. 
    No kilt? @Mickey, make sure you get a twig and berries permit along with the alcohol one.
    CT is letting his freak flag fly.
    I thought those permits were interchangeable?

·
    Interchangeable? Jeez, I really need to move to Texas. Tightwads abound around here. Lewd and lascivious conduct around here is party time down there.
    ·