Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Okay Floridians

124»

Comments

• XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 556
    what would you say the perfect age is to take your kids to Disney...  I lived in Clearwater for 3 1/2 yrs while me and my wife were still dating- busch gardens rocks... we would go to Disney/busch when family came in etc.. now I have twin 3year olds and a 1yr old... I am thinking when they are 7 and he will be 5... or 8 and 6.. I want the girls to have that magical experience with the princesses, etc and I want him to be old enough to be well- not so crabby all day
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,774

@XLBalco, you are right on target.  Younger than 4 is probably too young to really get a lot out of it.  7 and 5 or 8 and 6 is perfect.  I found out last week that 18 and 16 is still pretty great.  Did one trip with a 13/14 year old soccer team and that worked too.  Of course, when you have connections and can get the whole team on floats with Mickey, Goofy, etc. in the Animal Kingdom parade it's hard for the experience to be anything but wildly positive.

But as they get older, the more exciting rides at Universal have more appeal.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• cazzycazzy Posts: 6,476
    Well, we're just doing everything wrong.  Didn't get Chef Mickey booked, going during the wrong time, and taking my 3 year old son.   :P
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,774
    cazzy said:

Well, we're just doing everything wrong.  Didn't get Chef Mickey booked, going during the wrong time, and taking my 3 year old son.   :P

Yep. The whole trip is gonna suck. :))

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• billybonbillybon Posts: 183
    billybon said:
    cazzy said:
    Oh, the wife and I are going to Miami September 21st. No plans at all...just going to go with the flow. ;)
    You will be here in the middle of the Statewide Alligator Harvest. Getting in on a hunt would be a memory you would not soon forget.
    I took these boys out last Friday for their first Florida alligator hunt.
    IMG_2828.jpg
    4272 x 2848 - 2M