Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hatch Chili Figs

Have not posted in a while due to being Summer and I got outdoor activities that need to be done. Well Hatch chili season is one of my favorite things (kinda like Christmas to me). I just got home from being up north for the last two weeks and eating canned vegetables and other crap my dad conjured up, so I needed something tasty.

I did do a stuffed chicken breast tonight with Hatch Chili and Gouda cheese (forgot Pics).

But this was one of my ideas I had been thinking of lately. I love FIGS and I do mean LOVE so I decided to stuff them with Goat Cheese that I had mixed with orange honey and then laid a hot hatch inside, wrapped with prosciutto. put on the egg raised direct around 300, Let it go to I saw the cheese bubbling slightly and then drizzled with honey.

I felt like it was my finest hour. Had a friend over and he flipped out. Nothing better than Figs and Hatch Chili's.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

fig.JPG 575.3K
fig1.JPG 647.7K

Comments

• Yes!!!!!!! Well done. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Wow, so totally outside my sphere of food consciousness...till now. Now I want to try those! Love this place, a new, good idea everytime I visit.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited August 2013

@TUTTLE871 I didn't get a call. You lose my number or something?

Did you roast the chiles first or were they raw?

I got a question for you...I've got a marinade that I might use with hatch chiles. Gets thrown in the food processor. You think I should roast them first or can they be used raw? I have no clue on this one.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Griffin said:

@TUTTLE871 I didn't get a call. You lose my number or something?

Did you roast the chiles first or were they raw?

I got a question for you...I've got a marinade that I might use with hatch chiles. Gets thrown in the food processor. You think I should roast them first or can they be used raw? I have no clue on this one.

Didn't lose your number had to have quality time with the wife since I have been gone the last two weeks.

I would roast them first and get the skin off. The food processor wont break all the skin down.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I understand. Just giving you sh!t. Roasting first it is.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings