Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My silliest project ever!

Gogogordy
Gogogordy Posts: 460
edited August 2013 in Off Topic
Fishlessman posted a picture of his Hachi, a one burger sized hibachi. That got me thinking, and rather than spring for $69.95 on Ebay for one, I built my own....I call it "Vespachi" and read on to find out why.

I picked up a 5" Terra Cotta pot, and matching dish at Home Depot (.78 and .77 respectively) and drilled a matching hole to match the drain hole in the pot, along with some vents to allow air up and in. Also drilled an auxiliary air hole in the pot. 

I hand formed some sheet steel into a firebox of sorts. 

(Here's where the name comes from) I had on old chromed steel headlight ring from a 1973 Vespa I once owned, with JUST the right amount of rust and dings.

I had a small grate thingy that came with our rice maker and has been cluttering up our junk drawer for moons. Attached it to the headlight ring.

Lit, tested, and roasted some afternoon marshmallows. All is well. 

Vespachi lives!

Guess I know where to use my lump fines and shake now.

...I need to get a life!

When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)

Comments