Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

great migraine remedy....

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was about halfway through my day at work and came down with one hell of a migraine (you know the ones that knock you out and/or make you puke). Well the whole way home (four hours later- still have migraine) I kept thinking how I was going to have to go to bed right away then get up at 4am and start cooking ribs, and then later chicken (oh what we do for friends..lol). Being the crazy self-punishing type (knowing I should go to bed), I decided to start cooking tonight. Can you guess what happened next? The migraine went away shortly after I got the egg up to temp.[p]Now I'm just sittin here enjoying a beautiful evening listening to Emeril and SAm Choy in the background (i don't have any blues/jazz CD's sure wish I did though.). So, if you have a migraine and can't seem to shake it, light up the egg, and relax with the aromas of Q.[p]phillip

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    I had a friend in Florida who used to get migraine headaches and he always had that "shoot me and put me out of my misery" look on his face. I've had headaches but I doubt seriously that they were anything close to migraine magnitude. I feel for you man. Maybe you have found the cure. If so, I'm pretty sure $600 for a BGE is a small price to pay for those who need relief.[p]Hoping your weekend is pain free.[p]Spring “Small Brain Small Pain” Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 94
    Options
    bbqwizard, if you've got Sirius radio, the new channel 74 (Blues) kicks while que'ing ;)[p]Certain food and food smells are good for migraines, so I've heard.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    If it works, go for it! But my wife has found that Immitrex injections are faster and more reliable. :-)
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,
    If these thigs keep popping up, I may have to get some. I re-fired up the egg again this morning just in case:)[p]phillip