Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Beer (what's your favorite?)

1235»

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    The First Sprout is visiting.  She is the Priestess of beer.  She says her favorite is Voodoo Doughnut.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Wakefan
    Wakefan Posts: 51
    Sam Adams noble pils.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Just replenished the fridge with sixers of Ballast Point Sculpin and Founders All Day IPA.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    Sweetwater IPA - Local ATL Brew
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    As Ben Franklin said "beer is proof that God loves us".  My favorites tip to the IPA side.  Bells Two Heated on Tap, candy in a glass; Bells Hop Slam on tap, seasonal but amazing brew; Founders Centennial Ale great every day IPA; Lagunitas maximus IPA; Any Dogfish head IPA, love the 90 minute never ran into the 120 but know I would love it.  Three Floyds I have had several and really enjoyed them;  Surly Furious this beer is around 8% but hits me like a shot of bourbon, not sure why no other high gravity IPA's hit me like the one.

The list could go on and on. I love great IPA's of which there are many in the good l USA.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • bonemuse
    bonemuse Posts: 53
    YEMTrey said:
    I have some Westy 12 and 8 at the house now. It wasn't from that release though.  Got them through trading.

My favorites depend on the weather and my mood:

Like mentioned above, I'm also a Bourbon County fiend.  All styles.  What I drink the most of is probably Ballast Point Sculpin six packs.  Three Floyds Dreadnaught and Zombie Dust are up there as well.  Rochefort 10, Pannepot, Cantillon (Geueze and Fou Foune), and Russian River sours.

I have a basement full of beer. Literally.  Anybody in the area just let me know and I'll crack a few with ya.
    I went to the Great Taste of the Midwest this weekend (150 breweries, only one macro- Leinie's) and at a pre-party Friday night, I got BC Cherry Rye, BC Coffee 12 and BC Baudonia.  At the Taste itself, I finished the day with about 12 oz. of BC Buffalo Trace.  It was a delicious weekend.  I understand your Bourbon County obsession, and I support it.
    --------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• bonemuse
    bonemuse Posts: 53
    Are any of you Egghead/beer fans using the app Untappd?  I blame their badge system for at least 30 pounds and two blackouts since November 2011. It's a ton of fun to keep track of what you've had and see all the crazy stuff your friends/associates/degenerate brothers-in-law are trying. You can find me as bonemuse there if you want to be friends. 

Tonight is poker night (always the third Thursday of the month), and we try to have a beer theme, and I try to make something on the Egg.  For the Egg, it'll be pig shots. Tonight, instead of a style, we're doing beers from Michigan.  Michigan, though I hate 97% of their sports teams, makes amazing beer. 
    --------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• YEMTrey
    My buddy is on there.  I just signed up.  I'll check it out and probably have too much fun with it.
    Steve 

• Two_Down
    Two_Down Posts: 74
    I'm on Untappd as well - user name is same as on here.

in Houston, TX

Minimax

MBGE

LBGE

36" BS

• YEMTrey
    Aight.  Just sent you both an invite.  <FTownStout>
    Steve 

• eddiepro
    eddiepro Posts: 42
    My logo being Guinness says a lot, however can't drink the stouts every day.

Some of my go to beers at the moment are:

Sixpoint Resin, Bengali Tiger, 3 Beans, and Brownstone

Ommegang 3 Philosophers and Hennepin

Harpoon IPA and Chocolate Stout

and super local is Newburgh Brewing Company's Bitter English and Newburgh Conspiracy

The sad truth is that if it is craft, I'll probably drink it! 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    edited January 2014
    La fin du monde from unibroue brewery in Quebec for me.... its a new one for me but I love it! 
    Tad strong at 9% tho:)
    Wish i had the selection all you folks in the USA have:/

Jamie.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).