Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT, OT, personal post...

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Having a Woodford and Camacho. Took Baby Girl to college today. Not sad but celebrating. She's strong, has great faith, a leader, beautiful, a people person,... Everything I hoped to have in a daughter and friend. I'm so damn proud. I have made it a point to be close to my kids. I want them to have everything I didn't.

On a side note. Her dorm is two blocks from my favorite cigar bar. Yipee. @hapster... Pm me your address at home or office... I'll send you a surprise.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Congrats, on many levels!  What school, major?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Special day, no question. Where's she going to school?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I cried the day we did that. You have your man card being returned by mail.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Pictures or it didnt happen!
    just kidding, congrats, mine still has a year before
    leaving for college!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Get these sappy off topic posts outta here!
    Dunedin, FL
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Congrats Brother, moved my Angel Face into her dorm last Thursday, you raise them the best you can, relay wisdom as you see it, and pray they become the adult you raised them to be!!!!!!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • You guys are old!  My youngest starts kindergarten in a couple of weeks.  I guess I better fess up my other daughter is a college sophomore.
    Flint, Michigan
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Congrats!!! You should be a proud dad...

Mine is going into 4th grade... Have a ways to go yet.

Thanks... I'll send it over
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Aquacop said:
    Congrats Brother, moved my Angel Face into her dorm last Thursday, you raise them the best you can, relay wisdom as you see it, and pray they become the adult you raised them to be!!!!!!

Words to live by brother. That is until these words: Danny and I are running down to Panama City for Spring Break.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    You sadly have to say goodbye eventually.  Glad it was a good day for you.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Oh, congrats by the way...
    Dunedin, FL
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Mine has graduated and is moving to Seattle (sniff) for her second stint with Americorp. She's everthing you'd ever want in a daughter.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Screw you guys. Now I have to think about this for the next 18 years with 18 month old and newborn daughters. I'm going to cry in my drink every night like a damn country song.
  • henapple
    UTC... @ Eggcelsior... Enjoy each stage, grade, struggle, victory... I swear you'll turn around and it's there. Thanks for all the comments. I'm building some things for her form I wasn't happy with. Will go back this weekend. @hapster... Will get it then.
  • That's it. I'm outa here...........

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • My son got his driver's license today. He's taking off in a few to hang with some buddies in his new (to him) car. I was at my buddy's house today who just had twins 2 weeks ago. They are tiny! man, seems like yesterday mine were tiny and incapable of taking care of themselves. Now they are huge and incapable of taking care of themselves :))

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited August 2013
    It sounds like you did great job raising her I know how you feel, I am taking my daughter on Friday, I have mixed feelings, she is my oldest and first to leave.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited August 2013
    Good job Tony! Best wishes to your baby girl on the next stage of her life! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    My first has a year left before college. Great job @henapple

On this thread, I hear Trace Adkins in the background..."you're going to miss this, you're gonna want this back.."
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited August 2013
    mine are 2 and 4.. I would be proud of college, but I will also be showing my children the military, trades, etc.. I wasted like 4 years at a junior college LOL
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    We could give a rat's arse about your friggen rug rat.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Seems a little harsh, Bud.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bud812

Well he said who cares about some guys wifes new ride or some guys dieing mother. So who cares about his spawn????

L-)

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited August 2013
    I am pretty sure he was just sarcastically joking about the post.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    edited August 2013

on the 28th of this month we get to  go to my twin daughters school to meet their teacher...  pre-school that is :)) ...  right now 1 is just about fully potty trained and the other- well hopefully she wont have to take a poop at school or it will get ugly fast... I am already imagining the phone call now."Mr. P., your daughter is screaming and crying for a pull up, I thought you said she was pottytrained?!"

oh where has the time gone already...  and to think my son will turn 1 in about 3 weeks.

=))
  • henapple
    bud812 said:

Well he said who cares about some guys wifes new ride or some guys dieing mother. So who cares about his spawn????

L-)
    Bud not sure if you read my entire comments. The first part was just a poke at CT... Go back and read all of it.
  • henapple said:

L-)
    Bud not sure if you read my entire comments. The first part was just a poke at CT... Go back and read all of it.
    He was kidding but had a few too many pops and it came off wrong. He's had a very tough week.  I talked to him off line and he's all good. 
  • bud812
    @ henapple I'm sorry but the first time that I read it it came off differn"t. Carry on oh O.O. pusher. I don't like P.B.R. but I'll have another Sam Adams with you my friend. ^:)^

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Congrats @henapple. IMO, there's no better feeling in the world, as a parent, than seeing your kids grow up to be the adults you wanted them to be.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Here's my nieces and their friends at Schlitterbahn.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious