Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Trimmed Brisket Flat?

So I went to Publix to pick up a brisket flat for tomorrow. All they had was a 2# middle section of the flat with both ends cut off, so it is a perfect square shape. Anyone ever attempted something like this? I'm going to treat it as usual, but cut down on my expected time...
Birmingham, AL
XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
·

Comments

• dont do it..................

·
  • 2% chance of success with a trimmed 2 lb flat  

·
  • 2% chance of success with a trimmed 2 lb flat  
    Haha, that's what I was afraid of! I'm gonna see what I can do. 

If it sucks, I'll chop it up and put some sauce on it or something to make it edible...
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • do it travis style. Serioulsy. You cannot smoke a 2 lb trimmed flat with no added moisture

·
  • That's what I intended. I figured the braising would hopefully keep it moistish. Yes, moistish is a word...
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 420
    Travis Method. Period.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • Well my little brisket turned out as expected. On the plus side, I have some delicious beef jerky now if anyone's interested!
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·