Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Your method for storing or hanging grate as part of prepping to cook process?

JTCJTC Posts: 20
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum

Been an egger for 5 years and have converted many gassers to the BGE.  Recently I feel I am in need of a bit of process refinement. My egg resides on a freshly stained wooden deck.  Upon prepping my egg for a cook - I remove the heavy (size Large) cast iron grate and lean it against the egg table - light the grill and add it back to the interior of the dome when ready, etc...   

Problem:  Grate is making a black oily mess on my deck and the side of my table.  Sometimes the grate will slip and fall flat on the deck and, man, can the wide cast iron grill leave behind a lot of black stain that is nearly impossible to clean off the deck. 

Given I just pressure washed and stained my deck - looking for a cleaner solution as to setting the grate aside while lighting the egg.  Thought of adding a lag bolt to the side of the table to hang the grill - but curious what creative solutions already have been vetted by fellow eggers...   Otherwise, my pre-cook order of operations are solid.  

Thanks!

Comments