Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egg Owner Question-Lack of Color

Hi everyone, my name is Tracy and I am a long time BBQ'er and competitor and I recently won a Large BGE in a contest.  I've cooked on it a few times and while the meat is beyond delicious, I'm a bit disappointed in the appearance that I'm getting.  For instance, I cooked an apple brined pork loin the other night and it hardly got any color on the roast (though I did get a baby smoke ring go figure).  Temp was 325 for the whole cook which should be well into the Maillard reaction range.  I used BGE lump, not sure how long it was on I cooked it to 145 degrees.  Cooking this on my other charcoal cookers with briquettes at the same temperature yields a beautiful mahogany exterior, what am I doing wrong?  Thanks very much :)

Comments