Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hotdog

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,113
What is your favorite brand? Got to cook dogs and burgers for 25 on Saturday.
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,186
    Hebrew National and Sabretts
    ·
  • Vienna Beef - Chicago Style
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,669
    If you have a BJs membership some of their stores carry a brand called Pearl that are really good. If not Henrew National or I have found the Kirkland brand from Costco are actually good.
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,363
    Nathans
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • StlScottStlScott Posts: 77
    +1 on Nathan's...
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,611
    + 1 on Vienna all beef Hot Dogs

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • Hebrew national or nathans.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Hebrew National

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,276
    edited August 2013

Nathan's and Hebrew National

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Shopsy's
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Dietz & Watson All-Beef or Hebrew National

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • fruitguyfruitguy Posts: 134
    Sahlens or Zweigles

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Best hotdogs if you're near this place in PA:  http://www.dietrichsmeats.com. Nathan's or Hebrew national these days.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    sabretts  natural casing 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,981
    pearls for grilling
    kayem old tyme for grilling or deep frying
    heb nats for boiling or slow simmer then grill (i find heb nats too salty if just grilled)
    ·
  • +1 on the Nathans.  And if you spiral cut them, they open up when cooked--looks cool and provides good spaces for the toppings.  Sorry, I don't have photo of spiral cut but whoever came up with it may post some.

·
  • The best hotdog around here.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I found the link--here is photo of spiral cut hotdogs--just another way the egg takes even hotdogs to the next level.  I always do this now--it really is nice for holding all the condiments in place

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1276061&catid=1

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,475
    From the big brands, Vienna Beef, when I can find them, is the preference. After that, Hebrew National.

There's a butcher shop, Drier's, not too far from where I live that makes their own 1/4 pound all beef. Milder flavor than Vienna or Hebrew, but natural casing, very juicy and large.
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 352
    Not sure there is a healthy one, in fact there isn't.  On occasion we have Nathans.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,475
    The best hotdog around here. image
    Just saw those for the first time a week or two ago around here. I'll have to give 'em a try.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Hebrews and Nathan's as well.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
    edited August 2013
    Not  the very best I have made but for sure the very best by far in an airport: The Varsity in the Atlanta Airport. Have seen on travel tv and on cooking tv The Varsity. Lunch time in the airport and saw it. Ask what I should have and she said the chili-slaw. Had a couple and the onion rings.. Very, very good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,375
    I like the Boars Head natural casing or Nathans.  

@Lit does the BJ's in your area carry Pearls?  I have been wanting to try those.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    Off this topic: Mr Chubbs you gave me how you did the sauce for wings. Did yo use a dry rub first? Sorry but can't find the post.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,669
    No smokey. There was a list on the old forum of BJs that carry them and the one by my parents in Florida happened to so I have had them bring them up before. They are way too expensive to have shipped even if you buy alot and I found the old post but the attachment is no longer working. There weren't any in Georiga that carry them.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,375
    Lit said:
    No smokey. There was a list on the old forum of BJs that carry them and the one by my parents in Florida happened to so I have had them bring them up before. They are way too expensive to have shipped even if you buy alot and I found the old post but the attachment is no longer working. There weren't any in Georiga that carry them.
    Cool- thanks!  I remember those threads and I looked around at the time and didn't find them in GA either.  Maybe one day I will import some from Florida. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,113
    Mickey said:
    Off this topic: Mr Chubbs you gave me how you did the sauce for wings. Did yo use a dry rub first? Sorry but can't find the post.
    Yeah, I mix dizzy dust with a little corn starch then give a liberal dusting on both sides.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    +1 on the Costco Kirkland brand Large beef hotdogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736
    +2 on the Costco Kirland.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·