Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hotdog

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,451
What is your favorite brand? Got to cook dogs and burgers for 25 on Saturday.
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    Hebrew National and Sabretts
    ·
  • Vienna Beef - Chicago Style
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    If you have a BJs membership some of their stores carry a brand called Pearl that are really good. If not Henrew National or I have found the Kirkland brand from Costco are actually good.
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,450
    Nathans
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • StlScottStlScott Posts: 77
    +1 on Nathan's...
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,667
    + 1 on Vienna all beef Hot Dogs

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • Hebrew national or nathans.

Little Rock, AR

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Hebrew National

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    edited August 2013

Nathan's and Hebrew National

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Shopsy's
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Dietz & Watson All-Beef or Hebrew National

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • fruitguyfruitguy Posts: 141
    Sahlens or Zweigles

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Best hotdogs if you're near this place in PA:  http://www.dietrichsmeats.com. Nathan's or Hebrew national these days.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    sabretts  natural casing 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    pearls for grilling
    kayem old tyme for grilling or deep frying
    heb nats for boiling or slow simmer then grill (i find heb nats too salty if just grilled)
    ·
  • +1 on the Nathans.  And if you spiral cut them, they open up when cooked--looks cool and provides good spaces for the toppings.  Sorry, I don't have photo of spiral cut but whoever came up with it may post some.

·
  • The best hotdog around here.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I found the link--here is photo of spiral cut hotdogs--just another way the egg takes even hotdogs to the next level.  I always do this now--it really is nice for holding all the condiments in place

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1276061&catid=1

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,575
    From the big brands, Vienna Beef, when I can find them, is the preference. After that, Hebrew National.

There's a butcher shop, Drier's, not too far from where I live that makes their own 1/4 pound all beef. Milder flavor than Vienna or Hebrew, but natural casing, very juicy and large.
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 366
    Not sure there is a healthy one, in fact there isn't.  On occasion we have Nathans.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,575
    The best hotdog around here. image
    Just saw those for the first time a week or two ago around here. I'll have to give 'em a try.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Hebrews and Nathan's as well.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
    edited August 2013
    Not  the very best I have made but for sure the very best by far in an airport: The Varsity in the Atlanta Airport. Have seen on travel tv and on cooking tv The Varsity. Lunch time in the airport and saw it. Ask what I should have and she said the chili-slaw. Had a couple and the onion rings.. Very, very good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,889
    I like the Boars Head natural casing or Nathans.  

@Lit does the BJ's in your area carry Pearls?  I have been wanting to try those.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    Off this topic: Mr Chubbs you gave me how you did the sauce for wings. Did yo use a dry rub first? Sorry but can't find the post.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    No smokey. There was a list on the old forum of BJs that carry them and the one by my parents in Florida happened to so I have had them bring them up before. They are way too expensive to have shipped even if you buy alot and I found the old post but the attachment is no longer working. There weren't any in Georiga that carry them.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,889
    Lit said:
    No smokey. There was a list on the old forum of BJs that carry them and the one by my parents in Florida happened to so I have had them bring them up before. They are way too expensive to have shipped even if you buy alot and I found the old post but the attachment is no longer working. There weren't any in Georiga that carry them.
    Cool- thanks!  I remember those threads and I looked around at the time and didn't find them in GA either.  Maybe one day I will import some from Florida. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,451
    Mickey said:
    Off this topic: Mr Chubbs you gave me how you did the sauce for wings. Did yo use a dry rub first? Sorry but can't find the post.
    Yeah, I mix dizzy dust with a little corn starch then give a liberal dusting on both sides.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    +1 on the Costco Kirkland brand Large beef hotdogs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 739
    +2 on the Costco Kirland.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·