Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ugh, cracked platesetter.

I come with two questions.  First, is the platesetter guaranteed like the egg?  I bought my egg used so no warranty.  However, I bought my platesetter from a dealer separately the day after buying my used egg but have since moved and lost the receipt.  It is only about 6 months old and yesterday I noticed a crack. 

I was thinking of forgoing the platesetter all together and getting something like a spider.  Can I cook indirectly with a spider?  If I don't buy a spider or a new platesetter, what are some cheap methods to cook indirectly?  80% of my cooks are indirect.

Thank you.  The egg has let me down finally and im bummed.

Comments