Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I had two fires go out on me last week.

1st I want to say thanks for all the time people spend on this forum. I've been creeping around for a year now and have learned a ton. I had two fires go out this past week, one on 1st spatchcocked chicken and one on a brisket. I had been using Vaquero charcoal from ACE and WFoods starters. The brisket was 1/2 my fault as i probably didnt clean the egg out well enough or load enough lump to begin with. At least all cooks were saved and the brisket was the best one yet. I went out today and overpaid for OO and picked up a Looflighter. I know the starters didn't have anything to do with it but I had $$ burning a hole in my pocket. Unfortunately the Looflighter didn't meet my wild expectations but it does work, not sure I'd recommend it. Should have gone with a butane torch. The OO really blew me away. I had no idea lump could differ so much. I fired it up tonight just to cook asparagus to go along with leftover Brisket. Also cooked up some green chili Mac n' Chee. image
OKC
Large Egg & MiniMax
Yoder YS460

Comments