Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Ribeyes

My local grocery store started carrying some prime grade ribeye steaks. Normally, I'd reserve buying prime for special occasions due to the premium price but I found a couple of nice looking steaks at reduced prices (50% and 30% off) so I didn't hesitate to pick them up.
The ribeyes were cooked on two different days on the Mini (reverse sear cooks): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A minute after pulling: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And some pics before inhaling the steaks: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
-meal #2: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Some tasty ribeyes! Wish I could eat prime grade all the time.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I wish I could too. Looks fantastic.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • The willpower you show by taking the time to shoot a pic instead of eating is unmatched!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is some fine looking beef!  I will be on the lookout...so far I can only find prime at butchers (very expensive) and Costco (limited selection...still pretty expensive!). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    you dog you.... got to reward yourself every once in a while... nice cook
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136

The willpower you show by taking the time to shoot a pic instead of eating is unmatched!

Plating my wife's dish before taking pics of my plate allows me the time to have willpower. :-*
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Nice looking steaks. My neighbor and I just bought a whole sub primal ribeye prime from Costco. We're going to cut it up into some nice thick steaks and split them up between us.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Some nice looking steaks there! I usually only purchase Prime (or Wagyu from work) when the marbling isn't something I see often. 

Actually found some extraordinary Prime ribeyes from Costco last weekend. For $10/steak, I can afford to eat them more often. They were cut up in 12oz portions - perfect size in my opinion. 

Which grocery store is this? I'm extra curious. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    @FLbobecu - the steaks were from Safeway.

Bay Area, CA