Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime Ribeyes

My local grocery store started carrying some prime grade ribeye steaks. Normally, I'd reserve buying prime for special occasions due to the premium price but I found a couple of nice looking steaks at reduced prices (50% and 30% off) so I didn't hesitate to pick them up.
The ribeyes were cooked on two different days on the Mini (reverse sear cooks): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
A minute after pulling: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And some pics before inhaling the steaks: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
-meal #2: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Some tasty ribeyes! Wish I could eat prime grade all the time.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA
·

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,619
    I wish I could too. Looks fantastic.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • The willpower you show by taking the time to shoot a pic instead of eating is unmatched!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,556
    That is some fine looking beef!  I will be on the lookout...so far I can only find prime at butchers (very expensive) and Costco (limited selection...still pretty expensive!). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,240
    you dog you.... got to reward yourself every once in a while... nice cook
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652

The willpower you show by taking the time to shoot a pic instead of eating is unmatched!

Plating my wife's dish before taking pics of my plate allows me the time to have willpower. :-*
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    Nice looking steaks. My neighbor and I just bought a whole sub primal ribeye prime from Costco. We're going to cut it up into some nice thick steaks and split them up between us.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • FLbobecuFLbobecu Posts: 309
    Some nice looking steaks there! I usually only purchase Prime (or Wagyu from work) when the marbling isn't something I see often. 

Actually found some extraordinary Prime ribeyes from Costco last weekend. For $10/steak, I can afford to eat them more often. They were cut up in 12oz portions - perfect size in my opinion. 

Which grocery store is this? I'm extra curious. 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    @FLbobecu - the steaks were from Safeway.
    Bay Area, CA
    ·