Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken feet on the mini

Options
Haven't shown the mini any love for some time, so I decided to correct that. 

Went out for dim sum this past weekend, and the first thing I thought of when I tasted the chicken feet was " these would taste soooo much better with a little char and smoke on them. These would be perfect for the mini!" So I saved a couple, and threw them on the mini at 400°F last night.

They were great! The skin got a little crispy, with a little charcoal flavor, and i enjoyed them even more than I did on Sunday. I would have grilled them a little more, but I was getting impatient (and hungry). Next time we go out for dim sum, I'm going to order extra to bring home and throw on the mini.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So my turkey gizzards and necks are in the norm now.. Just kidding, two years ago at Salado Fest someone did feet.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

That is a first.... :-& As in first time I have seen anyone post it. Sure it is good, but dayuumm looks odd at first.

I usually have my wife duck tape them to a dowell rod and scratch my back with them...

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs
    Options
    PS--- how do you already have a Egg Carten for the mini??
  • Mickey
    Options
    Chubbs said:

You pay, you play my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Options
    I never knew what I was missing. I still won't either. No thank you lol
    Southern Indiana
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Chubbs said:

Thought the guy was not taking orders for a while??
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I like my chicken feet with a sides of fish head stew and pickled avacado pits.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    My son in law is from Thailand and he eats that kind of stuff...I still love him!  :-&

Opelika, Alabama
  • Mickey
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Mickey said:
    Chubbs said:

Thought the guy was not taking orders for a while??

No, he still had a couple left over.

ps. just making fun of you my friend

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Funny you should mention that - I just had fish head soup last week. A local Malaysian joint makes a great fish head curry, but the soup wasn't bad.

@Chubbs - I had emailed Scott soon after I picked up my mini, and was able to snag one by picking it up in person before he closed down shop for his relocation to OH.

@Mickey - we all know that the Salado eggfest is the cutting edge of eggery. Starting to plan my cook for next year!

Some places just serve them kinda braised, but this place made them in some kind of sweet/savory braise so they had more flavor. Grilling them made them just right.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

Have been  eating avocados for the last 65 years and sometimes root the seed, but what is a pickled avocado pit? 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Have been  eating avocados for the last 65 years and sometimes root the seed, but what is a pickled avocado pit? 

Garbage.
    Flint, Michigan