Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast and lunch.......with pic's

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the weekend I baked up an assortment of hamburger, sloppy joe and brat buns. I had a little dough left over so instead of pitching it I made some salted twisters.

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

Bought some Amish organic eggs and made a quiche for breakfast the other day. Great with a cup or two of java.

IMG_0878.jpg

Made lamb burgers for lunch. Mixed in garlic, onion, roasted red pepper, Greek seasoning and virgin olive oil then served with yogurt sauce and peppered feta cheese. Nice.

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

[p][p] [p]

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Clay Q,
    those lamb burgers look pretty darn good. do you have a good sloppy joe recipe, havent made those in a long time

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrillMan
    Options
    Clay Q,
    That's soom fine lookin rolls. I've just started to experiment with baking bread and rolls on the egg. Do you have a recipe you could share. That hamburger roll has a nice light look to it. Mine have come out much heavier, although very good.

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Clay Q,
    Wow! I just ate and am suddenly hungry again! Beautiful![p]Mike

• Clay Q
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I make'em by cutting up onion, carrot and celery and sweating in a 8 qt. stock pot then add 8 pounds of ground chuck and browning at 350 dome stiring a couple of times then mash hamburger with potato masher to break up any cooked chunks then add my sauce (about 3-4 cups) and simmer for 2 hours with some smoke with the pot lid off while stiring and adding more sauce as needed. A 5 hour cook total. Skim fat as it rises to the top. Food saver half of it for quick boil in the bag meals down the road. A real good sloppy joe is in the sauce using cumin and chili powder.
    Sorry I don't have exact amounts as I eye ball most of the time.
    Clay

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Clay Q,
    its on my list to do soon, 8 pounds of chuck, thats alot of smokey joes

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Clay Q
    Options
    GrillMan,
    Thanks. I have a long way to go with bread although I've been baking bread for 18 years. It's a very special item these days- brick oven breads. I make my bread by hand, no mixer or electric appliance involved and use a multi-step method. My measureing is mostly by hand and eye so I'm going to recommed this; Read about making bread. Two books I have learned a lot from- The Tassajara Bread Book by Edward Espe Brown, Shambhala press. And- The Bread Builders Hearth Loaves and Masonry Ovens by Daniel Wing and Alan Scott, Chelsea Green Publishing Co.[p]Find some recipes you think would be do-able, pick one out and plan on spending all morning and half the afternoon making one of life's greatest pleasures. You can make excellent bread with the egg because it IS a brick oven!
    A few tips:
    Visit this web site for basic recipes, www.redstaryeast.com
    Use stone ground unbleached bread flour.
    Start the egg with fresh lump without any smokin wood and grease from the previous cook.
    The egg bakes bread at 400-450 dome using the platesetter(I use the grid over inverted platesetter and bread pans-trays on grid).
    Get the egg going and stabilize an hour BEFORE you bake so the lump burns clean and the ceramic has soaked up lots of heat(most important).
    Pick a quiet day for baking bread. [p]Good luck and have fun!
    Clay

• Clay Q
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Thanks. Any new additions to your table lately? I'm looking for ideas.
    Clay using a side table.

• GrillMan
    Options
    Clay Q,
    Thanks for the tips on bread baking. My two previous attempts turned out well. It's like everything else we cook, it just tastes better from the egg.