Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow, lots of new Minis......

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
RhumAndJerk got one, Spin got one, and I got one. That is three new minis in five days of July for our little crew. I have yet to cook on mine yet as we just got home yesterday and I am gonna do a brisket in Mr. Big tomorrow.[p]Can't wait to hear the results from all of us newbies to the mini![p]Fritz

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Fritz,[p]Breaking in the little guy tonight with hot dogs (by request). Hoping to start to learn the "feel" this weekend.[p]It's fun being a newbie![p]Spin

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    Spin,[p]Now THAT will keep a guy like me humble forever....just as I start getting proud of the fact that I've have success so far, I realize that when I get a mini I'll have to learn all over again!! I forgot to start my own graph...."BGE Learning Curve versus Beer Consumption." Live and learn, right?
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Dave,[p]Be proud and stand tall. Learning how to use your Egg for your intented purpose requires you learning your Egg, and you have done so.[p]Larger Eggs tend to change temp slower than smaller Eggs (less volume = faster heating, cooling). I started with the large and became comfortable with the temp control. Then I bought the small and was surprised at how much faster it changed temp and thus had to adjust to how to control the temp. I quickly became used to the difference.[p]I just need to get the feel of how the mini reacts to adjustments and learn the "feel" of how to control it. The feel is temperature control.[p]You will not have to learn "it all over again". The principles of using your Egg to cook great food remain the same. More importantly, the principles of how to create great food remain the same. It boils down to just learning the cooker.[p]A few brewski's should be involved.[p]Spin[p]

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Fritz,[p]Congrats to you and the other new Mini owners on the newest editions to your families. I will be eagerly anticipating your posts detailing your Mini Eggsperiences. [p]I want a Mini also, but the "it followed me home, can I keep it" line hasn't worked on the good Lady Carol in quite some time. I may have to invite RhumAndJerk over for a demo of one of her favorite recipes. [p]K~G