Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My "workhorse" BGE accessory....

I'm sure we all have an Egg accessory they like and depend on more than others....mine is the half moon cast iron for the Large BGE.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·

Comments

• Mine is cheap welders gloves from Harbor Freight.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

I'm sure we all have an Egg accessory they like and depend on more than others....mine is the half moon cast iron for the Large BGE.

I like the looks of that - where could a person find one?
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,451
    Asbestos fingertips 
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,233
    edited August 2013

It's a BGE item #CIGHL.  Smooth on one side, grid on the other.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 948
    @SmittytheSmoker -- what types of stuff do you cook on it?  I see the potatoes in the photo.  
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • @C-TX

I like to cook steaks here at home, so typically I do a potato and veggie on the cast iron grid.  I do potatoes up front and while the steak comes off for a rest I do Zucchini coins, or other smaller veggies on the piping hot cast iron.  I do coat them with olive oil and salt and pepper and the cast iron makes quick work of them.   I remember having to cut off the handles of cast iron skillets to use in the Egg, but a round cast iron piece dominates the cooking area, the 1/2 moon allows other cooks to happen at the same time. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,028
    edited August 2013
    Use my Grid Lifter on 100% of cooks. Use the Adj Rack on 80%. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • @Mross

Yeah, but that is one expensive accessory my friend.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    How long does it take the potato slices to cook?

XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • MrossMross Posts: 334
    @smitty You have no idea just how expensive it is!
    Duncan, SC
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 633
    I actually find myself using my rib rack a ton.

Great for using as a spacer or put it right on the coals with a small circular grid on top for a spider type rig
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • StlScottStlScott Posts: 77
    Dumb as it may sound...it's my BGE ash removal tool. I use it to get the ash out, stir the coals before the cook, assist with removing a hot grill/grid and whack away anything that comes my way food's way during overnight cooks.

;)

StlScott
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,233
    edited August 2013
    rtt121 said:
    I actually find myself using my rib rack a ton.

Great for using as a spacer or put it right on the coals with a small circular grid on top for a spider type rig

Interesting...any pics of this in use to sear down low?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Right arm... 12 oz curls.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    1) Thermapen (british racing green, very fast...)
    2) I use my PSWOO2 on every cook.  I will remove it only when putting the spider and CI grid in the firebox for a sear.  Have not cooked at fire ring level since buying it.  Love the control of getting the food up higher for the directs..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 352
    I'm with you @flemster. I use my PSWOO3 on virtually every cook - raised direct, indirect with the plate setter, searing with a CI grid on the built-in spider or even wok cooking. My thermapen is used every cook too.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • XL - Platesetter & AR.
    Small & Mini - Woo & stones.
    All - Thermapen

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757

On the large, I'd have to go with weed burner and for the MINI it would be the Mini Woo.

P1050388.jpg 137.1K

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·