Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SS prep table

Options
So,  my new patio is slowly moving towards completion.  I'm starting to think about how I want to set up the kitchen area. 

Originally I had thought that I wanted to build a kitchen island with  a sink,  so I had a water line and electrical  line stubbed on one side.  Now I'm thinking that I might cut a commercial prep table and drop a bar sink in it.  Will probably get a large  watertight deck box to store accessories and charcoal. 

Would this work? Has anybody else had issues with leaving a ss table uncovered outside? I think @henapple put together similar setup recently.  If anyone has recommendations for a watertight deck box,  I'm all ears. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bumping my own thread, because I'm still looking  for recs. 

A steel prep table with sink and cabinets would be ideal. Found these modules made by Swiss Grill. The total price of these (sink unit and another cabinet or drawer unit) may actually work out cheaper than building the outdoor kitchen myself. I'm still wondering if I could find a commercial ss table with sink that I could leave outside uncovered. 

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    I have had 2 different stainless steel tables outside for years. They work great and do not rust. Check a restaurant supply house for used tables or sinks.
    Duncan, SC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sam's for $150 about 3 years old. Works well. Going to buy another. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I m going to get one and use the top as my outdoor kitchen counter. Probably the cheapest most indestructible way to do it.

Garnerville, NY
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks for the info. 

@Mickey I've seen tables like that at Sam's  and Costco online.  One of them had tables of different lengths too.  Planning on getting a longer table then dropping in a sink at one end.  Would have preferred cabinets in the table but at that price I may settle for a watertight deck box to store accessories.