Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

smoked a chicken last night (it got a bit hotter than I usually cook it)

checked on it and the top vent opened up WIDE and ran the temp up to 550˚ for a bit.

bbq_9601.jpg 994.3K
·

Comments

• revolver1revolver1 Posts: 336
    If it still tasted good, not dry, all is well.  Bet the skin was crispy.   ;)  Looks beautiful.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 397
    That's one funky chicken!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,389

At that temp, no wonder it's knees are so close together!

:-j
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • Melhill3Melhill3 Posts: 35
    I tell all the young chicks in our house to keep their knees together!:D
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    That is a good looking chicken. Be proud.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,883
    Wow, that's the best looking skin since what's-her-name!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,232
    Was it early or late in the cook? The skin looks great, IMO
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 162
    The chicken looks great. The skin looks delicious. It is done just the way I like it. Great job.
    Gulf Coast FL
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,030
    So, was this the whole chicken version of the reverse sear?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Melhill3Melhill3 Posts: 35
    the internal temp of the breast (when I shot this) was 145˚so it got a bit darker after I took this shot.
    pulled the bird at 155˚and rested under F and towel for 30 min.
    ·
  • LjpickLjpick Posts: 30
    I ruined a butt on an all nighter once that way. Too many cocktails and on one last check before bed daisy wheel was wide open. Forgot to take my remote upstairs came downd to a grill at 465 and a shrivled up piece of pork. Did have good bark though.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    edited August 2013
    Drag this out ever so often. This is hotter than I usually cook it. Wings. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • ReldtiCDNReldtiCDN Posts: 141
    edited August 2013
    Mickey your supposed to put the lump under the grill. Must of took a long time to find all those pieces the size of wings.

Brampton, Ontario

·