Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Amazing Brisket "Franklin Method"

13lb Packer from HEB. Excess fat trimmed. Seasoned Franklin method  (salt & black Pepper mixture). Put on LBGE with Platesetter legs up. Dome Temp 270. RO lump with 6 Pecan Chunks mixed with lump. Cooked 7.5 hrs to a temp of 192 degrees in the thickest part of the flat. Came out juicy and tasted outstanding. Only way to cook a brisket.
LBGE 2013
Weber Genesis series 
·

Comments

• Good looking eats!
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Did you wrap in butcher paper?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • No I didn't, The brisket cooked faster than I expected. When i checked it was 192 so I pulled it and let it rest for 1/2 hr then carved.

LBGE 2013
    Weber Genesis series 
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Cool man. Yeah, 7.5 hours for a 13lber is really quick. Meat has a mind of its own.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    That toaster oven is jealous. Look at it. It is pissed that it never made anything that tasted so good.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • That toaster oven is jealous. Look at it. It is pissed that it never made anything that tasted so good.

Haha
    =))
    My oven has similar feelings - but more because it is no longer used.
    ·