Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Amazing Brisket "Franklin Method"

13lb Packer from HEB. Excess fat trimmed. Seasoned Franklin method  (salt & black Pepper mixture). Put on LBGE with Platesetter legs up. Dome Temp 270. RO lump with 6 Pecan Chunks mixed with lump. Cooked 7.5 hrs to a temp of 192 degrees in the thickest part of the flat. Came out juicy and tasted outstanding. Only way to cook a brisket.
LBGE 2013
Weber Genesis series 
·

Comments

• Good looking eats!
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Did you wrap in butcher paper?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • No I didn't, The brisket cooked faster than I expected. When i checked it was 192 so I pulled it and let it rest for 1/2 hr then carved.

LBGE 2013
    Weber Genesis series 
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Cool man. Yeah, 7.5 hours for a 13lber is really quick. Meat has a mind of its own.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    That toaster oven is jealous. Look at it. It is pissed that it never made anything that tasted so good.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • That toaster oven is jealous. Look at it. It is pissed that it never made anything that tasted so good.

Haha
    =))
    My oven has similar feelings - but more because it is no longer used.
    ·