Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey Legs on the Mini

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
I love turkey legs off the mini coated with coffee rub. imageimage
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    Where did you find a three legged turkey?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    Those look great. It looks like you cook them direct, at what temp and about what time? I would guess 350 about 45 minutes?
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    Mkline said:
    Those look great. It looks like you cook them direct, at what temp and about what time? I would guess 350 about 45 minutes?
    Raised on Mini Woo @ 400 to 185 about 45/50 min
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    Perfect. Thank you, will try this out next weekend.
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 684
    Cool Egg Carton. By the way, the coffee rub is delicious.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,613

@Mickey, what is the recipe for the coffee rub?

Thanks

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    edited August 2013
    @jaydub58 John I just made a batch today. Coffee Rub (turkey, chicken, beef & pork) Equal part: Instant Expresso Ground coffee Equal part: Brown Sugar ½ part: Black Pepper ½ part: Kosher Salt ½ part: Garlic Powder ¾ part: Ancho Chili Powder Don't worry on exact, just close on measurement. I used to use turbinado sugar but we like with brown better. This is pulled from MollyShark, Hungry Man, & Richard In Fl then tweaked. I find the ancho chili powder is far less expensive in the bulk spice area than the bottled area ( have used both light or dark version). I make it starting with a half cup Instant Expresso Ground coffee and work from there as it seems to store well if sealed. Note that brown sugar is whole part. image

·
  • Man, those look tasty!!!
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,613

@Mickey, that sounds just great!

I gotta whip up a batch now!

Thanks!

^:)^
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    I love turkey legs at fairs etc but have cooked them...can you find them at regular grocery stores?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
    @CPARKTX Picked them up at HEB in Round Rock today. Also get this and use as a dipping sauce. image

·
  • Mmmmm. No brining needed?
    ·
  • John madden had 6 legged turkeys every year in Dallas. This is just 1/2 of John's turkey..
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
    ·
    Mmmmm. No brining needed?

I never brine legs or whole spatchcock turkeys. Only when just doing turkey breasts.

·