Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Hobo Dinner

Growing up, my family would go camping quite a bit.  Hobo dinner was on the menu every trip.  A hobo dinner is individual servings of meat and vegetables wrapped in foil and cooked.  To keep everything from sticking to the foil, a couple of tablespoons of butter are included inside the foil pouch.  When you're camping, typically it's cooked in the coals of a campfire, but it can be cooked in the oven and of course an egg.   Just about any protein and vegetable can be cooked hobo style.  We used the same veggies (onion, red skin potatoes, zucchini, red bell pepper, carrot & garlic.  One version was ground beef seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning and the other version was Johnsonville Original Brats seasoned with Bone Sucking Sauce rub. 

Beef 

Brat 

I had trouble with using the flash with all the foil so I went without.  The photos aren't as nice as I like.  Thanks for looking!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

Comments