Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

daisy wheel

Have been using the BGE for about a year.....last night the DFMT (Daisy Wheel) fell off two different times when I opened the top.  It had never happened before.  Any one else having that issue?  I know some folks have put a gasket on the wheel, but I can't seem to find out what they used.  Any help will be much appreciated!

·

Comments

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,742
    there is a link to show ya, sorry I don't know how to paste the link, go to search and write in " alignment of Daisy Wheel, Naked Whiz has posted some pictures to show you. It does work. If you can tell me how to paste it, I will try to send it your way. Cheers

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,591

assuming your egg is on a relatively flat surface you can prevent it from falling off by following this tip:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm#dwsetting

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,742
    @RRP how you do that???
    ·
    How do I do what? Didn't clicking on the link I posted take you to it?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,421
    edited August 2013
    Or just stop using it. 3 Eggs no Daisy Wheels used at all.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    or buy one of these.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    @mickey likes his eggs like his women.. No tops.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Put the screw that allows the swivel, in the front. Keeps it from to flopping around.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 361
    I'm with Mickey - no tops is great.  Rarely use mine either.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 772
    I have medium and mini and don't use the DFMT on either one. Seems to complicate temperature setting.
    This also appears to lessen flashback. I do still belch from time to time.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    the new Eggs now come with a gasket to put around the top of the Egg where the DFMT goes so if you go to your dealer I would think that they can get you the gasket for the top mine gave me one he had laying around 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·