Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

daisy wheel

Have been using the BGE for about a year.....last night the DFMT (Daisy Wheel) fell off two different times when I opened the top.  It had never happened before.  Any one else having that issue?  I know some folks have put a gasket on the wheel, but I can't seem to find out what they used.  Any help will be much appreciated!

·

Comments

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,719
    there is a link to show ya, sorry I don't know how to paste the link, go to search and write in " alignment of Daisy Wheel, Naked Whiz has posted some pictures to show you. It does work. If you can tell me how to paste it, I will try to send it your way. Cheers

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,334

assuming your egg is on a relatively flat surface you can prevent it from falling off by following this tip:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm#dwsetting

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,719
    @RRP how you do that???
    ·
    How do I do what? Didn't clicking on the link I posted take you to it?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    edited August 2013
    Or just stop using it. 3 Eggs no Daisy Wheels used at all.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    or buy one of these.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,252
    @mickey likes his eggs like his women.. No tops.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Put the screw that allows the swivel, in the front. Keeps it from to flopping around.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 352
    I'm with Mickey - no tops is great.  Rarely use mine either.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 768
    I have medium and mini and don't use the DFMT on either one. Seems to complicate temperature setting.
    This also appears to lessen flashback. I do still belch from time to time.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    the new Eggs now come with a gasket to put around the top of the Egg where the DFMT goes so if you go to your dealer I would think that they can get you the gasket for the top mine gave me one he had laying around 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·