Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wings

Some with Jamacian Firewalk others with Swamp Venom all finished with Bone Suckin Hot. 400 raised direct.
image.jpg 1.7M
·

Comments

• Yep! Did they go back on after sauce? Look great.
    Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,129
    That's exactly how I do them, different seasoning every time but the results are always phenomenal. Nicely done.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • they look awesome!! I tried some today at 275 for an hour indirect with hickory smoke, then deep fried for 5 minutes to crisp up the skin... everyone loved them!! 
    I never tried your cooking method but does that give a crisp skin??
    ·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349
    when you do them at 400 raised direct do you flip?
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • LjpickLjpick Posts: 30
    Flip about every 15 with sauce on the last 5-7 minutes is how i do them. I mixed corn starch in the rub to get crispy. Not as crispy as i would like but better definetly makes a difference.
    ·
  • @Ljpick that is the ugliest profile pic I've ever seen in my life.
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    Love me some Wangs! Very basic here with rub 400 indirect till they are done. I spin mine with sauce but the family prefers them dry.

David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 201
    Firewalk and Venom are my two favorite DP rubs except for the Dust.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·