Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just made my first pulled pork but have no cooler!

Options
I just got it off the egg.  Looks and smells unbelievable, but I just moved and somehow cannot find the cooler.  Can I let it rest in the oven?  If so, do I wrap in foil and set to a certain temperature?  What do you all think?
Southern California

Comments

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    I would use your microwave because it is a smaller space.  Pack in towels and such just like you would a cooler. 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    I am no expert doing 3 butts as we speak, 2 are FTC and the last one is finishing on the egg. Depends on when  you are going to serve them. But I would foil and wrap it and put it in the oven, if you are eating within a couple or 3 hours, not sure I'd use the heat of the oven, if so it would be very low temp. Good luck
    Large, small, and a mini
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    you can rest it on the countertop if you aren't holding it for dinner or something. The only reason you would need a cooler is for an extended hold. If you are eating it for lunch, just let it cool on the counter until you can handle it with your hands (still hot but won't burn you) then dig in. you don't even need foil for this process if you aren't holding it for later
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Ive pulled several from egg and just let them rest 20 minutes and pulled them with two forks or bear claws. Just fine if you are eating right away.

Little Rock, AR

• bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm not eating it right away, it's for dinner tonight (9 hours away). I wrapped it in foil, then towels and put it in the microwave to sit. Is this enough or should I quickly run out to buy a cooler? 
    Southern California
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    well, if you go buy a cooler, you will never have this problem again, plus you will have a place to store beers next to the egg the next time you are cooking.  You could have been back by now....
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    busmania said:

well, if you go buy a cooler, you will never have this problem again, plus you will have a place to store beers next to the egg the next time you are cooking.  You could have been back by now....

You bring up an excellent point. Going to buy a cooler now...
    Southern California
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    busmania said:

wise man indeed.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    One 50 guart for the pork... 120 quart for the beer... Sure you'll have to top it off around 2, but hey...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN