Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Dizzy/Mothership Collaboration

DawgDaysDawgDays Posts: 83
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I did not realize there was a partnership until a bottle of rub showed up in my Eggtoberfest goodie bag.

We came home with Viva Caliente and Cosmic Cow, which are obviously different from the traditional product line. Not having sampled the whole line, is this just a branding thing or are these different products entirely?

Cosmic Cow tastes a little like what I would expect Cow Lick to be, if that makes any sense. Viva Caliente is hot and doesn't seem to have a Dizzy equivalent.

So many cooks and recipes on this forum call for or mention a dizzy product. I guess I'm wondering if there are parallels between the two BGE bottles and the ones in the regular Dizzy line.

Here are the two bottles from today's SWAG:
·

Comments

• porkmanporkman Posts: 20
    I found this info- Dizzy Gourmet This may be interesting. I have not been able to find any suppliers nearby who stock Dizzy products. Anxious to try....
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    He mentioned it on FB lady week. If I
    remember cirrectly, some are real similar and some are compltely new.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • yumdingeryumdinger Posts: 183
    I used Viva Caliente Friday on some wings, the flavors are great but the wings did not turn out as hot as I would have expected after tasting the spice from hand.  Very good however.
    ·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 998
    I saw this new line when I bought my mini. Compared them to dizzy's online. As far as I can see just rebranded and renamed and jacked up in price. The Dizzy rubs were still cheaper.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·