Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

smoke

I've been egging for about a year now and I used wood chips for a while and got used to having the short blast of smoke after throwing the chips on the fire.then i cam across hickory chunks that are supposed to last longer, but i have been using them for a while now and I still only get a short amount of smoke at the beginning of the cook. Any suggestions?I want more smoke but am not sure what to do.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,202
    You're getting the smoke flavor just not the billowing smoke of an offset smoker. Add more chunks if you want more smoke flavor.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    If you are doing a low and slow cook bury chunks at various levels in the lump. That way you will get more smoke as the fire moves down in the lump.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    ·