Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoke

Options
I've been egging for about a year now and I used wood chips for a while and got used to having the short blast of smoke after throwing the chips on the fire.then i cam across hickory chunks that are supposed to last longer, but i have been using them for a while now and I still only get a short amount of smoke at the beginning of the cook. Any suggestions?I want more smoke but am not sure what to do.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You're getting the smoke flavor just not the billowing smoke of an offset smoker. Add more chunks if you want more smoke flavor.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    Options
    If you are doing a low and slow cook bury chunks at various levels in the lump. That way you will get more smoke as the fire moves down in the lump.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."