Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

About to welcome another to the cult!

Options
Getting ready to take my Dad to get a LBGE. I have been trying to convince him for months. I had to come down to FL for work this week and now we are getting to spend a day together. Turbo butt will be started by 11:00 if all goes well.
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Lure him in.

Garnerville, NY
  • Jilogethan4
    Options
    It wont be long now, give him a whiff of the succulent, smokey, perfectly roasted pork and will realize resistance is futile
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    nice. More than anything, that is a great way to spend a morning. pretty cool thing to do with your dad.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Absolutely. Two 7lb butts going on now. One with Dizzy Dust and one Cluck'N'Squeal.
    Columbus IN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

It wont be long now, give him a whiff of the succulent, smokyey, perfectly roasted pork and will realize resistance is futile

That's almost sounds sexual...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

It wont be long now, give him a whiff of the succulent, smokyey, perfectly roasted pork and will realize resistance is futile

That's almost sounds sexual...
    When I get that feeling...
  • CajunEggHead
    Options
    One more surely won't hurt may be we can learn something new from him some day

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Talked to a couple today at Lowe's... Looking at a kamado. Didn't really try to sell the BGE but did talk about the warranty and service they provide. Lowe's model has a 800 number. His wife perked up when I told her I did all the cooking now. I didn't warn her about the butcher and alcohol tab.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Nothing makes my day more than telling people about the Egg. My dad first started hearing about mine when I got it in January. Then I took him to Porkopolis Eggfest in Cincinnati. He has done nothing but talk about it since. Now, pork butts are at 165 degrees and wrapped in foil. @henapple I am finding you don't really have to try and sell it. Just tell them about it and it sells itself.
    Columbus IN
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    All my pics will be from iphone so they won't be good but we are having a blast so far. Poor old man just had to go take a nap. I think spending a grand in a day took it out of him.
    Columbus IN