Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Beer (what's your favorite?)

Comments

• oh man IPA's are the best...check out ska decadent, great divide hercules, and breckenridge small batch 471.
  • wormser
    wormser Posts: 4
    Yuengling and Shiner.  Hard to find Shiner in NY
  • gdenby said:
    The one I'm drinking at the moment, assuming its not a "Lite" anything, or Schlitz.

There are a few that really stand out in my memory, but are impossible, or near impossible to get: 3 Floyd's "Dark Lord," Dogfishhead "120 minute," and a 1 off, Bell's "Batch 5000"

Among those that if I can find them, and can stand the bite out of my wallet, 3Floyd's "Behemoth Blond," and any year of the Thos. Hardy Ales, Fuller's "Vintage Ale."

I have to drive to the next state to get Dogfishead, and I do for the "90 minute," and the "Palo Santo."  

Beyond that,

3 Floyd's "Robert the Bruce," and "Zombie Dust"
    Bells "3rd coast Old Ale" and "2 Hearted"
    Unibroue "Fin Du Monde" and "Trois Pistoles"
    Back Road's "Maple City Gold," (a small local)
    Founder's "Old Curmudgeon,"
    Rouge "Old Crustacian"
    Starapromen Pilsner
    Synebychoff porter
    Stone "Double Bastard,"

etc. etc. etc.

I'm in Portland OR just now, and really hope to stop at Hair of the Dog, and pick up some of the "Adam'" and "Fred." Both outstanding, tho' Fred may be a little to complex for non-beer geeks.

gdenby said:
    The one I'm drinking at the moment, assuming its not a "Lite" anything, or Schlitz.

There are a few that really stand out in my memory, but are impossible, or near impossible to get: 3 Floyd's "Dark Lord," Dogfishhead "120 minute," and a 1 off, Bell's "Batch 5000"

Among those that if I can find them, and can stand the bite out of my wallet, 3Floyd's "Behemoth Blond," and any year of the Thos. Hardy Ales, Fuller's "Vintage Ale."

I have to drive to the next state to get Dogfishead, and I do for the "90 minute," and the "Palo Santo."  

Beyond that,

Rouge "Old Crustacian"
    Starapromen Pilsner
    Synebychoff porter
    Stone "Double Bastard,"

etc. etc. etc.

I'm in Portland OR just now, and really hope to stop at Hair of the Dog, and pick up some of the "Adam'" and "Fred." Both outstanding, tho' Fred may be a little to complex for non-beer geeks.

gdenby said:

Beyond that,

Rouge "Old Crustacian"
    Starapromen Pilsner
    Synebychoff porter
    Stone "Double Bastard,"

etc. etc. etc.

Great selection.  I have a Three Floyd's Permanent Funeral bomber ready to enjoy soon.

• Sorry for the sloppy post... If Three Floyd's is your fancy, give Gumballhead a go, stupid ridculous good!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Right at this moment? Booyah! image
    @Eggcelsior, I love that beer. If you're inclined and have it available near you as well.  Try mixing the Schlafly Pumpkin 50/50 with Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.  Absolutely love that combo. Like a spiced pumpkin stout with chocolate.  Tastes great!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I'll look for the Brooklyn stuff. My store has the Brooklyn pumpkin ale and oktoberfest. I'll need to check out the stout.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    henapple said:
    Centex got on to me for "day drinking".... So I'll have to wait to try the new ones I picked up today.
    Don't listen to that guy. Especially about brisket. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I can't agree with you more, Griffin. What a degenerate. Based on his avatar, this is about to become a pissing contest.
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    my beer of choice is Guinness 
    x2
  • cajunduck
    cajunduck Posts: 203
    ANDYGATOR by Abita
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    cajunduck said:
    ANDYGATOR by Abita
    Have one getting cold in the Fridge, looking forward to trying it.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    New Holland Imperial Hatter IPA is Fantastic.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Amazing trend here - very few note "main stream" beers, other than @henapple who of course owns shares in Pabst. Craft (quality?) beers seem to be the goto choice for those who cook on the egg. As we all know, good beverages pair well with good food.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Southern Tier Pumpking and Goose island Bourbon County. Chimay red and blue.
    Bourbon County is the best beer I have ever had (regardless of what "ratings" say).  HOwever, it seems to be very hard to find and expensive.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @skiddymarker.. PBR is not mainstream... It's for us late 40's hipsters... Ask @griffin.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    @henapple - during late '70's, living in Villa Park IL, it was always a toss-up between Stroh's, PBR or Blatz - just depended which one was on sale. A flat (24 cans) for under $5 - the good old days. I had no idea there was or would ever be anything hipster about PBR. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
  • Lohrer's - Urtyp 1878

whenever I pass through rammstein.
    Gittin' there...
  • Skiddymarker
    @henapple - LOL - who would have thought? As usual too late or too early to the dance, I have the plaid shirts, the beard but no skinny jeans, damn. 
  • Freebies and OP"s (other Peoples) is mighty fine also...............

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • This summer it's been Founder's All Day IPA, Revolution Anti-Hero IPA and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. All are lower in alcohol so you can drink 5 or 6 without getting all drunked up.
  • henapple

@henapple - LOL - who would have thought? As usual too late or too early to the dance, I have the plaid shirts, the beard but no skinny jeans, damn. 

After a year of egging.. My pants are at least tight. Skinny, not so much.
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    I'm Ian IPA or DIPA guy. It also tends to be what I brew and drink
    HFX NS
  • bholmes
    bholmes Posts: 5
    I just started drinking the ipa's. A recent job promotion put me on call 24/7 365. So instead of seeing how many coors light I c a n drink, I switched to trying alot of local brews that are just more bold. I tried probably my favorite tonight. Its by RJ Rockers, called Son of a Peach. Nice and dry with a hint of peach. Definitely enjoyable if you grew up in Georgia.
  • bholmes
    bholmes Posts: 5
    Also, georgia is the home of Redds Apple Ale. I encourage anyone that can put their hands on this to try it. Really sweet, butreally good.
  • this is the best beer on the planet! a german brew that is strong but very tasty.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    this is the best beer on the planet! a german brew that is strong but very tasty.
    probably the best beer i have ever had.  kinda hard to find.
  • Thievery
    Thievery Posts: 37
    Amazing trend here - very few note "main stream" beers, other than @henapple who of course owns shares in Pabst. Craft (quality?) beers seem to be the goto choice for those who cook on the egg. As we all know, good beverages pair well with good food.  
    My thoughts exactly! Now I've got a super awesome list of brews to try. This forum and it's members rock. Thanks for everyone's awesome suggestions.
    BGE in the ATX
  • mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    This thread is amazing.  There's so many micro brews out there.  I'm getting lots of ideas here for my next shopping trip.  Some of my favorites:

-Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    -Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA
    -Lost Rhino New River Pale Ale
    -A real black and tan, hand poured, with Guinness Stout and Harp.  And shamrock drawn into the head...even better.   A proper black and tan at a great bar with great friends is a great thing.