Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shout to a local green egg dealer

I wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I had with getting a xl pizza stone and a fire great replaced. I bought my egg at Clark's ace hardware in Ellicot City MD. but due to the distance from my house I wanted to go to someone more local so I decided to go to Tri County Patio and Hearth in Waldorf MD as I was going to be in the area for two weeks on day work. I decided to go here based off the fact that they were directly tied to the distributor for maryland ( but they are not any longer the same company I found out). Either way they told me they would file my claim and get the items replaced. I did this last Thursday. They called this afternoon to tell me my items were in and to swing by. So I did, I walked in they handed me the parts and told me to have a great day. The items were replaced with no more than ten min worth of work. Now I know why I paid all that money for a grill with a warranty.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Sometimes it just all comes together.......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Always good to hear positive things about a local Egg dealer.  Thanks for posting.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    @firemanyz - I bought mine from Ace Clark's too. They had the best deals in Maryland as I called damn near every dealer for pricing. 

I had my fire grate replaced but i did it at Ace and it was literally the same experience as yours, walked in, handed them the old grate, grabbed the new one and went on my way. I love the warranty on BGE. 

just thought i would share. 

cheers 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Yes I played that game also and called ten or more dealers in Maryland and Delaware to get prices and Clark's was the best. It also helped that I traded in my discover card rewards and got a BUNCH of gift cards for Ace. I came out of pocket ZERO dollars for an xl egg.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    my local dealer was the same way, Home Improvement Store in Benicia, CA.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    My wife is an expert shopper.  after 1 1/2 days on the phone all over Oregon.........the price is the price is the price.  A friend in  Central Oregon worked her way to Northern Washington before getting a "deal".  I'm not interested in driving 2--3 hundred miles to save a little dough.  
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    I went to the dealer just in time. When I went to work Thursday I forgot to put the plate setter and pizza stone back in the egg after Wednesday nights cook. I asked the wife to do it. She did not tell me until this afternoon after I told her I had picked up the new stone, that when she put the pizza stone in the egg Thursday is broke in half. I now have a full xl stone and two half stones. Now I just need to figure a place to store them.