Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shout to a local green egg dealer

I wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I had with getting a xl pizza stone and a fire great replaced. I bought my egg at Clark's ace hardware in Ellicot City MD. but due to the distance from my house I wanted to go to someone more local so I decided to go to Tri County Patio and Hearth in Waldorf MD as I was going to be in the area for two weeks on day work. I decided to go here based off the fact that they were directly tied to the distributor for maryland ( but they are not any longer the same company I found out). Either way they told me they would file my claim and get the items replaced. I did this last Thursday. They called this afternoon to tell me my items were in and to swing by. So I did, I walked in they handed me the parts and told me to have a great day. The items were replaced with no more than ten min worth of work. Now I know why I paid all that money for a grill with a warranty.
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,077
    Sometimes it just all comes together.......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Always good to hear positive things about a local Egg dealer.  Thanks for posting.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,089
    @firemanyz - I bought mine from Ace Clark's too. They had the best deals in Maryland as I called damn near every dealer for pricing. 

I had my fire grate replaced but i did it at Ace and it was literally the same experience as yours, walked in, handed them the old grate, grabbed the new one and went on my way. I love the warranty on BGE. 

just thought i would share. 

cheers 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 594
    Yes I played that game also and called ten or more dealers in Maryland and Delaware to get prices and Clark's was the best. It also helped that I traded in my discover card rewards and got a BUNCH of gift cards for Ace. I came out of pocket ZERO dollars for an xl egg.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,975
    my local dealer was the same way, Home Improvement Store in Benicia, CA.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,623
    My wife is an expert shopper.  after 1 1/2 days on the phone all over Oregon.........the price is the price is the price.  A friend in  Central Oregon worked her way to Northern Washington before getting a "deal".  I'm not interested in driving 2--3 hundred miles to save a little dough.  
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 594
    I went to the dealer just in time. When I went to work Thursday I forgot to put the plate setter and pizza stone back in the egg after Wednesday nights cook. I asked the wife to do it. She did not tell me until this afternoon after I told her I had picked up the new stone, that when she put the pizza stone in the egg Thursday is broke in half. I now have a full xl stone and two half stones. Now I just need to figure a place to store them.
    ·