Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Brisket - How Long?

Options
Going to try a turbo brisket this weekend. My plan is to cook at 300*-325*. I normally do brisket overnight, but I'm afraid that turbo will cook it too fast and I'll wake up to the charred remains of my brisket. How long would a 13-15 lbs brisket take at 325*? 

Comments

• thunderbird
    Options
    I have only done one turbo and am doing another today. 1st time was a 12# cooked at 325* grid for about 3hrs. Sprayed with cider vinegar and foiled cooked another 2 1/2 hours at around 350# and then FTC'd for an hour or so. It turned out OK, the flat was a little dried out. Today I plan on starting out at 260-275* and keeping it moist with a water pan on PS.
    OKC
    Large Egg & MiniMax
    Yoder YS460

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    I did one last weekend that turned out great. It weighed 11.5 lbs before trimmming. I ran the Egg @ 275* with a pan filled with 1/2 Apple Juice & 1/2 Apple Cider Vineger. It was done in 4 hours. I wasn't expecting it to be done that early but it was Prime and therefore cooked faster. I FTCed it for 5 hours and it was $$$ when I cut it up. Good luck
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Federalist226
    Options
    Wow... I wasn't expecting cook times to be that short. Thanks for saving my hide, guys!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Que-dang-that may be a TX record-was that 275 dome or grid?  All instruments calibrated?  Just shows who is controlling here.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.