Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mini........kinda

Costco marked these down to $129 for summer clearance and I couldn't pass it up. Same size as a Mini but its made by Vision Grills and called a "Kub". With Costco's return policy I figured I was pretty safe. imageimageimageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    Cool. What part of the country did you. Buy?

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 770
    I'm in SoCal
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,349
    I'd buy one in a minute- nice
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    I like the shelves on it. Wish BGE made em for the Mini

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 453
    The Temecula Costco doesnt have....which one did you find that in?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,650
    Man I have been checking Costco twice a week to see if they got them in here in Georgia but no luck. At $129 I would have bought a spare.
    ·
    The shelves are way cool. They're supported by approximately 5/16ths steel rods that fit into a slot on the brackets. This allows them to swing up and down and lift off with no tools and they're very sturdy. That's why in the pic where it's on my gasser island they're off.
    ·
    Gogogordy said:

Tustin.  But not to crush your hopes my friends and I bought the last six of them in boxes. In fact when one of my Egger friends when out to buy them two day later they had marked them down to $99. So you might have them do a search or see if they have the floor model left. Good luck.
    ·
    Gogogordy said:
    Last Saturday 8/3 they said they had 16 in San Bernadino
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,359
    Great buy!  At that price, I would buy that in a heartbeat.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • mwraulstmwraulst Posts: 131

$147 shipped online.

http://usabestdealz.com/home-3/vision-grills-kamado-classic

not sure how reputable seller is but payment was through paypal and i've never had a problem with any paypal transactions to date.

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,943
    aweful tempting compared to the cost of a mini
    ·
    is vision grills still in business, i cant open their website
    www.visiongrills.com
    ·
  • Price seems right.
    ·

Thanks guys. Gonna be sleeping on the couch when this shows up at the front door.

·
    $142.49 shipped to GA
    ·
  • I've been wanting one of those. No Costco in sight. @lit you ordered from that site?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    edited August 2013
    Yes. They accept Paypal so you are covered. I got scammed once before and Paypal refunded my money. I got a confirmation email with an order number from the website.
    ·
  • @td66snfr

Man I'd have snatched one up too. Very interested in how you like it. I've been eyeing those after someone put one up a couple months ago.

·
  • SmyrnaGASmyrnaGA Posts: 246
    I can't find much info on this product.  The pix on the grate looks like stainless steel... Is it?  How well does SS make grill marks?

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,359
    Lit said:

Thanks guys. Gonna be sleeping on the couch when this shows up at the front door.

If you get in too much trouble you can hide it at my house ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·

I hope the band will fit my small egg then I can have shelves. The specs online says it has a 16" diameter which would put it closer to the small than the mini.

·

Lit said:

I hope the band will fit my small egg then I can have shelves. The specs online says it has a 16" diameter which would put it closer to the small than the mini.

not sure where they are measuring the dimensions, 87 sq in grill size works out to 10.5 inch diameter grate. will see soon though, i ordered one too

:D
    ·
    @td66snfr Man I'd have snatched one up too. Very interested in how you like it. I've been eyeing those after someone put one up a couple months ago.
    I almost hate to get it dirty but I will this weekend.
    ·
  • SmyrnaGASmyrnaGA Posts: 246
    mwraulst said:

$147 shipped online.

not sure how reputable seller is but payment was through paypal and i've never had a problem with any paypal transactions to date.

Guess I was too slow.  link no worky. :(

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,157
    SmyrnaGA said:
    mwraulst said:

$147 shipped online.

That sucks. I played around with it earlier and it was working. Must have sold out.
    ·
  • Gotta strike while the iron is hot I guess.
    ·

• SmyrnaGA said:

mwraulst said:

$147 shipped online.

That sucks. I played around with it earlier and it was working. Must have sold out.

#-o

Guess that's what I get for fiddling.

·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 352
    I was able to repair my Mini so I didn't need one.  Would have bought one anyway.  :-)
    Maybe give it to my brother for a Xmas present.  Oh well, sounds like it's too late now.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • grEGGorysgrEGGorys Posts: 162
    I tried searching all over the internet and couldn't find anything close to that price. I found an ebay listing for $175 but it was sold. I would have loved to have bought one at that price($129). We don't have Costco here so going to the store is not an option. Thanks for the post. A person has to strike while the iron is hot.  
    Gulf Coast FL
    ·