Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to cook bake potatoe on EGG!!!!!!

can someone please give me the best bake potatoe way PLEASE!!!!
"Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Hi Dan!   :-c

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mkline
    Mkline Posts: 180
    Oil, salt, pepper, herbs, and some butter wrapped in foil. 350 about a hour until the knife test is smooth like butter.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I just rub a little olive oil on it and kosher salt then throw it on the egg at around 350 for about an hour.  IMO it is better not to wrap in foil so you get some flava.  Sometimes I will wrap after I cook if I need to keep them warm while cooking other stuff.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    Raised direct, 350-400 (depends on what else is going on the Egg before or after potatoes) rub 'em down with butter, kosher salt, egg until done

I agree with Smokey, I don't like to wrap because they go on the Egg to get some of that flavor
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • tonight its ribeyes ....with the trex method so i will cook the potatoes first.....the wrap them in foil till my staeks are ready usually bout 30min cause i sear then let rest for twenty min then 2min each side...thanks all...HAPPY EGGING
    "Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Don't laugh but they always seem to turn out more creamy when I zap them in the microwave for 1 minute per potato then put on the egg foiled or not.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Sliced in half, then 1/4 in slices, foil packet, EVOO,pepper, garlic, fresh rosemary sprigs, turmeric, seal and place on egg for 15 minutes while warmup and steaks cook.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    You could do it "camp fire" style.  EVOO, salt, foiled and then throw right into the coals and cook until fork tender and then what ever else on the grates... 
  • trout1
    trout1 Posts: 104
    Rub with evoo, kosher salt, cook direct or indirect at 350 - 400 for about 50 min.to a hour. You can check with thermapen and when it reads 200, it's done. I prefer not to cook in foil.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Mkline said:
    Oil, salt, pepper, herbs, and some butter wrapped in foil. 350 about a hour until the knife test is smooth like butter.
    That's all it takes, bake it how ever you did it in an oven.  I like lard and sea salt.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• StlScott
    StlScott Posts: 77

I do mine steakhouse style; I like a good crunchy skin.  I insert a cooking nail into each potato (lengthwise) and then throw it on the egg between 400 and 450.  I leave it there for about 45 minutes to an hour.  I judge doneness by taste (you'll know it's done when the skin has a nice solid feel to it. 

To serve, I cut it over lengthwise and "smoosh" it (technical term) by pushing the ends slightly together and it's then fluffed with a fork.  Add butter and whatever your favorite seasonings are...right now, I'm hooked on Penzey's Florida seasoning ... good stuff.

StlScott

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    EVO spread all over the skin, then S&P and a bit of garlic, no foil. about 1 hour at 375 Love the taste of the skin.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    I to kinda follow the foil wrapped method. I started after forking a number of holes with butter ,EVOO, flavored EVOO ,then I saw the cup with bacon grease(not using all at the same time) . Seasoning and maybe some fresh herbs. Bacon is best. Puts a nice char on them in the foil. 1 hour at 400*.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI