Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Delayed Harvest - Pulled Pork

Options
We need to cook 4 butts for an event on Thursday.  Being working people, we plan to cook this weekend. A couple of questions:
1) Do we pull the pork while it is still warm? <or>  Should we wait until Thurs and rewarm the FTCed whole butt and pull it then?
2) I have read that the pulled pork should go into zip lock bags.  Do I add any form of moisture? It can stay refrigerated for 3 days, right? Freeze it?
3) When we warm it back up, do we add anything at this point?

The last thing we want is dried out pork.  Thanks in advance for you input!
LBGE, Lawrenceville, GA

Comments

• Tempo119
    Options
    I did an early cook for my daughter's birthday party earlier in the week. Two 8.5 pound pork butts went 14 hrs on my large BGE, then I FTC'ed them for about 7 hours in a good cooler. Pulled them out and they were still hot. I pulled them at this point and put each butt in a foil pan. Spritzed on a little apple juice and sealed them up with HD foil and stuck them in the fridge. When I was ready to serve, I tossed the pans in a 300F oven for about 30-40 minutes, just to warm them through. They were juicy and delicious and I couldn't tell the difference between the reheated and fresh. Hope this helps.