Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stupid or Brilliant? The Pit Boss BBQ Belt

http://pitbossbelt.com/

I can't tell if this thing is supposed to be a joke or not; especially for $109.  To me it seems like it would weigh you down, and your Q tools would be swinging around banging into the egg and whatnot.

And while I love my beer; who holsters two beers on their belts?

Any fellow eggheads use this?  

BGE in the ATX

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 4,031
    Only for role playing
  • Looks to me like there are actually three beers there.  That's living the high life, right there.  Actually this thing looks like it was designed to star in a Miller High Life commercial.    
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
  • It's brilliant, yet stupid. Brilliant because the inventor and or manufacturer will probably make a lot of money. Stupid, well, self evident IMO.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,983
    That's maybe the un-coolest thing I've ever seen for BBQ.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,428
    Brilliantly stupid?
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,474
    I vote stupid. If I bought that then it would be the most use-less item I own for BBQ instead of the other 123 use-less items I have bought. Thank God I was not drinking when I saw that.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 663
    I see 2 beer bottles, one beer can and a bottle of Jack (or something similar)
  • ThieveryThievery Posts: 37
    That's maybe the un-coolest thing I've ever seen for BBQ.
    What about the beloved Ham Dogger?

Or the awesome Grill Combs?

Or this awesome Apron which clearly dominates the Pitt Boss Apron?

BGE in the ATX
  • That apron is so heavy when full, it would mess with my already alcohol compromised balance. Stagger, stagger, fall.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• Unbelievably stupid.  Too expensive for a gag gift.

The Naked Whiz
  • As far as something to hold your beer, this is the way to go...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Look!  I'm warming up 6 beers at once!

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    If i showed up to a bbq and the cook was wearing that seriously... Pimp slap and leave.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    I can't be the only person intrigued by a ham-dogger, can I?  I vote lame for the belt.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,060
    excessively stupid
  • LitLit Posts: 4,031
    I actually made a ham dogger recently. I was making burgers and wanted to try one and I only had hotdog buns so I rolled it out.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,059
    Oh, it's definitely a "tool" belt...
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    I still think the bacon soap has its appeal http://www.manhandssoap.com/page/480299676
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Bacon soap
    image.jpg 13.3K
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    Thievery said:
    http://pitbossbelt.com/

I can't tell if this thing is supposed to be a joke or not; especially for $109.  To me it seems like it would weigh you down, and your Q tools would be swinging around banging into the egg and whatnot.

And while I love my beer; who holsters two beers on their belts?

Any fellow eggheads use this?  

What really concerns me is you had to ask.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Ham dogger .....maybe.

That dumb ass belt..... Hell No!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• finsterfinster Posts: 133
    um...No. That ham dogger is wrong.  I do have a coozie that has magnets sewn in.  We are making pizzas tonite so thought we'd give you a demo of it in action.  It would reg be a pale of some sort. Today it's a rootbeer to share.  imageimage
    MBGE in Charleston

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,285
    The belt needs a quick-draw holster for your Thermapen.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    I would totally wear the belt, while I grilled on my man grates! NOT!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    Bacon soap would only make the showers longer... And unwelcome male neighbors might show up.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    please shoot me if you see me wearing that ridiculous thing 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2013
    I think I've seen the belt as a tool belt somewhere. The Pit Boss towels are an add on, but the rest is a tool belt for the home handy man. The metal hanger clips on the sides where the tools are hanging is meant for hammer/combo square/snips whatever.....Big put on or someone is getting rich selling a $19 belt plus two $5 towels for over $100. Hope it ships for free.....

@henapple - agree the bacon soap would have my bacon bomb crazy neighbour crashing my shower time.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,674
    The only thing missing is the Geek Squad shirt!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,069
    I bet shipping and handling is $17.99. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.