Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yuzu Kosho Scallops and Shrimp

on a bed of rice.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,007
    That looks great. Recipe?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks great, would love to know more about the cook!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    CPARKTX said:
    That looks great. Recipe?
    Thanks.  It's from the book The Japanese Grill.

Marinade is:
    2 tablespoons red yuzu kosho (from a Japanese grocery store)
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1/2 cup olive oil

Marinate the scallops and shrimp while the Egg is heating up, making sure you coat all sides and reserving some for later.  Grill as you normally would do.  Just before pulling, baste with reserved marinade.

I cooked my shrimp and scallops separately on the Mini.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Looks good VI.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Great looking cook VI!
    ·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 534
    Fantastic cook VI .. Are the Japanese sauces mentioned in the book readily available in the Oriental grocery stores or do you need to go to a Japanese grocery store for it?
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,310
    Beautiful
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
    fljoemon said:
    Fantastic cook VI .. Are the Japanese sauces mentioned in the book readily available in the Oriental grocery stores or do you need to go to a Japanese grocery store for it?
    Thanks.  I just moved to the Austin area from Houston.  In Houston, Japanese ingredients are not available at my Asian (Chinese) grocery.  I had to go to a small Japanese grocery.  I've googled and found there is a Japanese grocery in Austin. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349
    Very nice... Looks tasty.  Had to look up red yuzu kosho.  Another variant of red chile sauce that I had not seen before.  Going to keep an eye for it.  How does it taste?
    Thanks,
    Rich

Long Island, NY
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,056
    Another nice one VI. I never think about cooking scallops.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,268
    Night before last Linda and I had scallops and shrimp by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto at a Toyota party in Atlanta. They were very good but did not look any better than those my friend ( and that is officially the very last nice thing I have to say to you).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    radamo said:
    Very nice... Looks tasty.  Had to look up red yuzu kosho.  Another variant of red chile sauce that I had not seen before.  Going to keep an eye for it.  How does it taste?
    Thanks,
    Rich

Rich,
    I'm sure you could use Chinese chili bean sauce also.  The yuzu kosho not only gives the heat from the chiles, but also a slight citrus taste.  I like it a lot.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    I'm glad to see the move and surgery went well.
    ·
    I'm glad to see the move and surgery went well.
    Thanks, Egg.  I had a great nurse.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349

Rich,
    I'm sure you could use Chinese chili bean sauce also.  The yuzu kosho not only gives the heat from the chiles, but also a slight citrus taste.  I like it a lot.
    Sounds good.
    Rich
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Glad to see you back VI. I miss your cooks. You make simple things looks great.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • DiptipDiptip Posts: 44
    A little heavy on the post processing of the photo don't you think? Looks tasty though.
    In an idiots head.
    ·
    Diptip said:
    A little heavy on the post processing of the photo don't you think? Looks tasty though.
    I'm sure you'd do a lot better, Stike.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Glad to see you're back...wait a minute. There's a joke about your front, but it doesn't make me look good. Anyway, looks great VI! Glad you're somewhat settled in your new digs!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·