Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken Soup for the BGE

Roasted a whole chicken last night, for the first time in a long time.  I prefer parts because I can control the finish time better.  When I do a whole chicken this style, I always block the neck to keep moisture in with whatever fruit is laying around, or an onion.  Tonight it was a nectarine and the core of a pineapple.

Got a late start, and by the time it was finished we didn't have much appetite.  The Spouse had a thigh, and I had a few scraps, we'd already eaten some fruit salad.

So today I had most of a roasted chicken to deal with.  Into the pot to boil briefly, then sit for a couple hours in the hot water.  Stripped of all the usable meat, and back into the pot with some veggies and spices, and voila, chicken soup.  After the heat is turned off, for the ingredients to get friendly, I slosh in a couple of cups of white wine.Pretty darned good, if i say so myself.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments