Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First attempt at a brisket

I have done turbo pork butts with excellent results. I want to try a beef brisket and was wondering what temp I should stabilize the egg at and to what temp I should cook the brisket to. Thanks in advance for any advice!
LBGE And MINI Egg
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,482
    Most of the gurus here shoot for somewhere between 250 and 290.  My last brisket was my first "home run" and I put it at 240 overnight then brought the temp up a little after I got up on the morning.  Honestly, I think anywhere between 220 and 300 works as long as you cook to temp and tenderness.  As a result, I pick a temp that fits my time situation - lower overnight so it doesn't burn through the night - then adjust in the morning. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Thanks foghorn. I was thinking of somewhere around 275 or 300. I just needed some reassurance
    LBGE And MINI Egg
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,650
    275 or so, my last one I cut the point front he flat and did em on seperate levels. The point finishes quicker, then cut it up for burnt ends.

Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Cooking to done, not temperature, is very important. Somewhere in the 190-205 range but the meat will tell you when it's done. Temp probe should slide in and out like butter.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·