Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Beer (what's your favorite?)

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533

Chimay Grand Reserve (the blue one) is the favorite for my Wife and I.  At our wedding we actually had people sign two large  3liter  bottles of it as opposed to a guest book.

Belikin as in my avatar pic is pretty dam good on a hot day in Belize!
    that's awesome, I like blue, but also like an aged white.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    There is a micro brewery 10 min from my house that makes a great stout!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    First choice is Red Oak, if not a micro brew then a cold yuengling. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Rouge Dead Guy and my regional(OK) COOP F-5. Currently drinking Bud heavy and not too happy about it, but I am cooking my first spatchcocked and taters tonight.
    OKC
    Large Egg & MiniMax
    Yoder YS460

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    It is all good. Craft is such a change from the usual Miller High Life, Bud, PBR, Coors, Labatt's, Molson's etc... Love the hop bombs - SN Torpedo, Belgian Whites - Blue Moon and Chainbreaker from Deschutes, Guiness and Kilkenny or a great Porter. It is all good, variety keeps it interesting. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Truck Stop Honey Brown from Back 40 Brewery, Gadsden AL. Here in Huntsville I like the Strait to Ale beer. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I personally go back and forth, right now I'm digging Sierra Nevada torpedo ipa, but I really like Belgians too. all three Chimays, la finde du monde, another unibroque I forget the name, I like Drakes from Oakland, especially their porter - Drakonic.
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    This tops the charts for me! But it's hard to find and really expensive.
  • Root...........IBC preferably.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Jeronamo
    Jeronamo Posts: 50
    Sam Adams, Labatt Blue, and Presidente if I can find it (usually I can only find it on vacation in Florida or on the islands).
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    I'm going to go with some hometown brews:

Brew Kettle White Rajah
    Fat Heads Head Hunter
    Great Lakes BA Blackout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Sweet Water 420 or motor boat local Atlanta brewery
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Yuengling -Americas oldest brewery for full body. Black and Tan for real full body. Landshark for lighter.
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Highland Gaelic Ale and Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout are my favorites of the moment. Ne is sharp and has some punch, the other is light and creamy, good stuff!
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    edited August 2013
    Some great beers have been listed here is my top 5 right now in no particular order (I change my mind a lot and drink seasonly)

Old Chubb Scotish Ale By Oskar Blues (CO)
    Major Toms Pomegrante Wheat by Fort Collins Brewery (CO)
    Smoked Porter by Stone (CA)
    the Lips of Faith Series by New Belgium (CO) usually limited released sometimes they do collaberations with other micro brews
    Double Wide IPA by Uinta Brewery (UT)  better if bottle conditioned for 8-12 months IMHO

honorable mentions go to a lot of stone beers and I have been digging rouge brewery out of oregon as well as of late.  I also have been into Nitro Milk stouts when I can find them Left hand makes a great one out of colorado.

best beer I ever remember having but I only had in Boston is:

Aventinus a german dopple bock by G. Schneider and Sohn
  • notsure
    notsure Posts: 7

Ninkasi is the bomb

XLBGE If I am not smoking I am working

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    U_tarded said:

Double Wide IPA by Uinta Brewery (UT)  better if bottle conditioned for 8-12 months IMHO

I don't think I have tried the Double Wide by Uinta.  I have tried the Dubhe Black IPA and it is darn tasty.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited August 2013
    I generally like most porter ales, but after mowing the yard in 90° heat you will likely find an ice cold Genesee Cream Ale in my fist.  It's a cheap brew but still one of my favorites.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    @maizeandbrew, I'm in Cincinnati.  I make it to Michigan quite often and love the GR area.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Chimay Grand Reserve (the blue one) is the favorite for my Wife and I.  At our wedding we actually had people sign two large  3liter  bottles of it as opposed to a guest book.

Belikin as in my avatar pic is pretty dam good on a hot day in Belize!
    Mmmm...Belikin. Would love to get ahold of some of that. I lived in Belize for 8 weeks back in my college days. Drunk a ton of that stuff.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Centex got on to me for "day drinking".... So I'll have to wait to try the new ones I picked up today.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    I like my own home brews the best (really), but for commercial beers I like
    • Mo (Maine Brewing)
    • Alesmith IPA (San Diego)
    • Heady Topper (the Alchemist, Vermont)
    • Kind IPA (Three Heads Brewing, Rochester NY). 
    • Edmund Fitzgerald Porter (Great lakes Brewing)
    Unfortunately I cannot buy these by the case or in quantity, so my go-to brews are Labatts Blue and Blue Light.  Leinenkugels Summer Shandy goes down well in the heat too.
    HT.jpg 224.8K
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    rtt121 said:

Best beer in the world is Westvleteryn 12

Had the pleasure of getting a taste at Monks Cafe in philly.

If you are ever in philly.. go to monks.

Monks has Westvleteren!?! That's crazy. I went to college in Philly. Used to go to that place all the time. Great selection, but never knew they had that. I was lucky enough to get a six pack of Westvleteren when they released a limited quantity back in December. Unquestionably the best beer I've ever had.
    Southern California
  • I haven't had it in quite a while, but I like Aass Bock. It's European (not sure which country) and has kinda a chocolaty element to it. Its pretty good.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited August 2013
    I haven't had it in quite a while, but I like Aass Bock. It's European (not sure which country) and has kinda a chocolaty element to it. Its pretty good.
    Had to look that up to make sure you weren't joshing us(Chocolaty element)

It's Norwegian.
  • I read what I wrote after I posted and thought "Aw sheott!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Need I say more ??????
    Milton, GA.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Abita Purple Haze or New Castle or Red Stripe for everyday beer. If feeling froggy, Black Mamba
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Right at this moment?

Booyah!
  • One word: Shiner