Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

to wide of a table?

Options
Hey guys,

I have an old slab of bowling alley that I've stripped down. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments on a table possibly being to wide. it is currently 3.5' x 6' and weighs about 300 lbs so any structure will be permanent. Should I just cut out the circle for the egg closer to the front?

Thanks for any comments

Comments

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    If you got the room for it, it's not too wide.  Personally, I'd put the hole in the middle (width).

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Just to clarify... the width is 6' and the depth is 3.5', right? As @SWVABeanCounter said, if you have the room for it then it's not too wide or deep. However, I agree with you that the hole for the egg would probably be better if it were closer to the front; but, I think that it's really a matter of aesthetics rather than a functionality issue.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    yes the width is 6' I guess I could always put a few stools around it for beverage drinking when not in use

Any suggestions on what the best finish is especially considering keeping it easy to clean
  • ringkingpin
    Options
    for me, I'd think that mayb pushing the egg towards the back would be beneficial, you'd have more of a work surface in front of the egg instead of having wasted space behind it.  
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    I agree with ringking, put the hole back. Space behind is useless and out of the way,
    Eggo in N. MS
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    If you are cutting out the table top, put a notch at back of circle for the hinge to drop down into. This allows egg to sit down in table better. It won't stick above the table as high.