Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butt @ Kroger

RAC
RAC Posts: 1,688
Went to Kroger to pick up some chicken and they had Boston Butt on sale for 0.79 lb. Picked up two 9 pounders regularly $22.73 for $7.21 a piece.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

Comments

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Thanks for the heads up! I will stop by and grab a couple.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Wow...that's a lot of meat for $14! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    None of the krogers in Georgia are selling butts for .79 lb. they are $2.19 lb. I went by my local Kroger.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    @kosko - Sorry for the wasted trip. I just went on line and checked my local ad and the butts are in it so you might check your local ad online before making a trip.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• They have the same deal here in Central Louisiana  Yepeeeee   \:D/

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • I want to cook two Boston butts then divide into 1 lb portions, vacuum seal, freeze, and give away for Christmas gifts.  I've never tried cooking two at once on my regular (18") BGE. Anyone else tried two at a time?   Is this do-able?  Is there enough room side by side?  How much does it lengthen the cook time?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @chip416 - it would have probably been better to have started a new thread for folks to chime in. 

The short answer is - yes its possible. More info= more detailed responses. What size are the butts? Cook temp? etc.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited November 2013
    welcome aboard chip! Cali is right- start a new thread and you'll get more info. Not sure how it works on other forums but that seems to be the best way here. Many people might ignore an old thread that pops back up if they have already looked at it or assume it's still about the original post. 

many of us have done way more than 2. It won't increase your cook time per piece but need more info as Cali says.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I got all excited thinking butt was ok sale #-o

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Where are my manners? Welcome @chip416 ! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.